I spy!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • greenman407
    replied
    Thats what the caption said and I had never thought about that. Life on a submarine can be a dark affair, back then.

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by greenman407
    I SPY something extremely..........odd. Whats going on in this picture???
    Click image for larger version

Name:	044.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	118257
    Gett'n a dose of UV.

    David

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    I SPY something extremely..........odd. Whats going on in this picture???
    Click image for larger version

Name:	044.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	118257

    Leave a comment:


  • Von Hilde
    replied
    Originally posted by greenman407
    Interesting gun emplacement
    twin Bofors AA guns Royal Navy had it commissioned, as you can see by the guys in the portholes in 1940, went down in the North Sea all hands, wreck hasn't
    been found yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    Interesting gun emplacement

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    Kinda sorta like an "S" class. U know........same thing........only different.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	27dda086f2db3d86e5b151d3d6f2b0d8.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	117246Click image for larger version

Name:	60b0eb7d54ac030f1cc3084cb97cd8a5.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	117247Click image for larger version

Name:	615_008.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	117248

    Leave a comment:


  • Kazzer
    replied
    See more here --https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ORP_Orze%C5%82_(1938)

    Leave a comment:


  • gantu
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • bwi 971
    replied
    I like that sub......thks guy's all new to me.
    Grtz,
    bart

    Leave a comment:


  • Von Hilde
    replied
    Great picture, never saw it before. I wonder what was whited out. Maybe wartime censor covered the 58A ID number that was on the tower, the name embossed raised letters says it all.
    Last edited by Von Hilde; 11-05-2016, 04:46 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    Originally posted by Von Hilde
    Polish Flag is the clue, Crash guard bars for the dive planes, distinct tower design, and one can clearly see the two guys at the torpedo room hatch forward are speaking Polish. my Daughter in law is Polish, she told me what they were saying. Would that be cheating, Mark? BTW Superboats race in KW next weekend, woo Hoo! CUBS WIN!.... Can't get any better, unless the Trump jet mid airs with the Hillory jet racing to get to the next battleground state.
    HA! Thats a Gooden! OK...OK I guess since your Daughter in law can read "freeze frame Polish Lip Language" ....I guess we will give it to ya! But ya messed up my plans. Ya see I was going to post the following picture as a CLUE!!! But since youve already gotten it....................I guess Ill just post it anyway....HUUM!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	a590edc5db010e4118681088450f5f0f.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	117229

    Leave a comment:


  • Von Hilde
    replied
    Originally posted by greenman407
    I SPY something.................UNKNOWN: AnD No ChEaTiNg Click image for larger version

Name:	02f6acc2e7b65235b59704587f3e7e94.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	117177
    Polish Flag is the clue, Crash guard bars for the dive planes, distinct tower design, and one can clearly see the two guys at the torpedo room hatch forward are speaking Polish. my Daughter in law is Polish, she told me what they were saying. Would that be cheating, Mark? BTW Superboats race in KW next weekend, woo Hoo! CUBS WIN!.... Can't get any better, unless the Trump jet mid airs with the Hillory jet racing to get to the next battleground state.

    Leave a comment:


  • Von Hilde
    replied
    Polish Orzel 1939

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    I SPY something.................UNKNOWN: AnD No ChEaTiNg Click image for larger version

Name:	02f6acc2e7b65235b59704587f3e7e94.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	117177

    Leave a comment:


  • Von Hilde
    replied
    Originally posted by vital.spark
    You were very lucky. Fanny and I went thru her on tour which was 90% a waste of time. They hurried you in, turned down the lights and played a couple of boom, boom, booms to imitate a depth charge attack and then hurried you off for the nest tour to start!! No pictures were allowed inside?? I did take a lot of her showing flood drains etc.
    I didn't take many pictures inside. My son did, but, there are plenty pictures of the inside for reference purposes. I did make sure I got one of the scuttle valve. The external displays were Excelent. Cut away G2 torpedo, some of the artifacts, like one of the life rafts. The story of the capture illustrated murals (my forte business) would like to get a contract like that in my resume.portfolio.
    .

    Leave a comment:

Working...