I spy!
Collapse
X
-
I SPY a photograph from a popular TV show from way back. It even includes(in this episode) a submarine. Who can name the TV show?Leave a comment:
-
Looks like one of the may Type-209 variants.
Hey, the German's design great conventionally powered submarines. IKL and HDW are the best sub design outfits in the world!
Now, some of those boats are built by client Nations, so quality of fabrication and equipment integration is in the hands of customers -- just because some idiot client Nation can't keep up with the demands of fabrication, maintenance and operation ...
DavidLeave a comment:
-
Sorry, its weird how some of these pictures wont expand as others do. Anyway its the INS Shankla, a German made sub from the 1980s. No wonder it had to be towed.Leave a comment:
-
Yes, Mr. Merriman, perhaps a little bit more boxy than that. About swuim calls, a fellow of mine did it once in the middle of the Atlantic. He remember the clear water and seeing the whole hull.. and the strange sensation of looking to her finger tips and realize that there were some 4.000 metres of water below him; He told me he felt his aXX closing thight, and went out of the water as fast as he could.Leave a comment:
-
I became a Second-Class Diver (surface supplied, air only) about three years after the TRUTTA. That's what got me off the boats. On the TRUTTA I ran the stern room and the armory.Leave a comment:
-
I SPY a submarine in Indian service being towed back to port. What is it?
Leave a comment:
-
You were the Diver, right. So they probably thought that you didnt want to go swimming.Leave a comment:
-
Ah, the good old days. Had a few swim-calls on the TRUTTA off Haiti. God! That water was so clear that when you dunked your head underwater you could see the entire boat, stem to stern, crystal clear!
But, most of the time, when the CO stopped the boat for some fun swimming (bring soap, these are diesel boats!) I was stuck up in the sail, with a M-14, standing shark-watch. One of the bad things when you run the armory, they think you can shoot straight! Lucky you never saw me in action with a line-throwing gun.Leave a comment:
-
Please, excuse me (now correctly said). In my former post the "excuses" may be misunderstood, and nothing far from me that being bad-mannered. I wanted to say "Excuse me".Leave a comment:
-
Excuses. Yes, looks like it's fitted asimetrically. In former S-31, an Spanish Navy GUPPY, they mounted a sonar on port side of the deck, inside a box shaped container during the seventies. Let's see if a I can find that picture.Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: