I spy!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • greenman407
    replied
    I SPY TWO MORE. Ones a "Boomer"
    and ones an "Attack".
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5681078941_c6382c2b6d_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	65433

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    Yes, by looking at the shape of the bows slope I would say that they are Yankees.

    Leave a comment:


  • redboat219
    replied
    Russian Yankee class SSBNs

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    A DELTA varient? Cut up to conform to SALT agreement?

    The sagging sonar window GRP gives great insight into the supporting stringer and rib arrangement beneath.

    I love this stuff!

    David

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    I SPY two subs. What are they? A small hint would be that they are both "Boomers"
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5681111675_7a99d82410_b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	65429

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    Looks like its installed on a T class boat.

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    I SPY a British variant of SNORT. Anyone got any info on it?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	6275693167_4696229625_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	65287Click image for larger version

Name:	snort.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	65288

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    COOL! Looking forward to that.

    Leave a comment:


  • redboat219
    replied
    She's the Bowfin at Pearl Habor. My wife and I went to Hawaii last month. Managed to go on an early bird tour to see the USS Arizona memorial. Took some photos of the Bowfin from the dock side. Will try to post some pics later.
    Last edited by redboat219; 11-21-2011, 08:19 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    My info has it as the Bowfin. It seems that the superstructure, at least where the limber holes are , was made quite thin so that it distorts easily.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kazzer
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott T
    Maybe the Drum? Looks high and dry with water behind it.

    Scott T
    It looks beat up, like the Drum. I've been on her.

    Leave a comment:


  • Scott T
    replied
    Maybe the Drum? Looks high and dry with water behind it.

    Scott T

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    I SPY a WW2 sub. Who, pray tell, can place it?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	couldnttellu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	65238

    Leave a comment:


  • reddevil
    replied
    Looks like. I've been searching pics of them and finally put my two cents in that: a 41 for freedom.

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    Could it be one of the 41s for freedom?

    Leave a comment:

Working...