Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Von Hilde, not a big deal, mostly. We all make mistakes, I make plenty of them, but I don't know if the Sydney spelling is a forgiveable mistake. You might not want to plan a trip there. Joking aside, we support each other and keep up the good work you do!
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Von Hilde
      Rear Admiral
      • Oct 2011

No problems shipwrecks. Ive been to Cid's town when I stopped in RAAF Richmond for some gas, on the way to "Deep Freeze 64" I tell you one thing, those guys speek pritty funny. The best time I ever had on liberty in the USN dress blue uniform. Them Shelas thought we were better than the Beatles, and wanted to take us home to meet the parents, andthe guys kept asking "What ship are we off of?" We couldnt really tell them we wernt on a ship. The 3 days, we never spent a dime and never stayed in the wonderful quarters the Air Force gave us. We stayed "totallypizzed" the entire visit. Sad to leave those happy people.

Comment

• Von Hilde
        Rear Admiral
        • Oct 2011

Alec, thats the boat that I thought it was. The composit of two, Ha 24b and Ha21. also referred to as M24 and M22. those were late model "a". The early model "a" s were the Pearl Harbor boats like the Ha19. There are a dozen of the Ko hayotekis scattered around the world still on display. There was a "b" model and a "c" model as well that were produced. I see That still has the Damage to the hull as in the pics of it after recovery.Click image for larger version

Name:	Midget Australia.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	74671Click image for larger version

Name:	midgetcomposit.jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	74672heres the Ha19, one of the Pearl Harbor boats that has the early "A" net cutters forward, only. Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha19 mare island.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	74675Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha19 sept 42.jpg
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	74676And heres a few in the yard still being constructed at the end of the war. Some are B and C models. The larger ones arnt ko hyoteki but next generation migits that didnt quite make it to sea.Click image for larger version

Name:	Kure_midget_subs1.jpg
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	74673beforeClick image for larger version

Name:	Midget_submarines_dry_dock_kure_f06023.jpg
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	74674after
        Last edited by Von Hilde; 11-18-2012, 05:57 AM.

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

Nice pictures VonHilde.
          IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

I SPY a submarine the likes of which I bet youve never seen! Tell me from whom and from henceforth it came..........If you can.Click image for larger version

Name:	8148315956_148a18cc23_b.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	75373

Comment

• Kazzer
              • Aug 2008

Yugoslavia's Sabotage Submarine

Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

Wow! Howd you know? I figured that NO one would guess a submarine from Yugoslavia. Not in a million years.
                OH POOH! He got it!

Comment

• Kazzer
                  • Aug 2008

Whilst I would have loved to take all the credit, I must confess I had a little help from Wikipedia. All I did was type in 'submarine 913' and up it came.
                  Sort of ruins things, doesn't it. Actually makes 'education' a thing of the past. We were held in high esteem if we could remember all of Henry VIII's seven wives, (and in order of execution) or the date of The Battle of Hastings etc. Seems rather pointless now, when all you need is an Iphone to connect to the Web to come up with that information.

I guess we could dispense with a lot of the cost of schools now, just teach the little *******s how to read and work an Iphone. Maybe a bit of logic or problem solving eh? I'd welcome the deduction of school taxes from my property. Lets make it happen!

Comment

• Roddersuk
                    Lieutenant
                    • Sep 2011

Our Enery only had six wives Kazzer.

Comment

• Kazzer
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Roddersuk
                      Our Enery only had six wives Kazzer.
                      DAMN! See I'd forgotten that crap years ago. Should have Wiki'd it!

Comment

• Subculture
                        Admiral
                        • Feb 2009

Didn't you ever learn that little rhyme- Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived.

Comment

• Kazzer
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Subculture
                          Didn't you ever learn that little rhyme- Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived.
                          That's very subtle! My teachers preferred to tell you once and if you forgot, belittle you in front of the class, or throw a blackboard eraser at your head! It was the 1960's answer to today's Ritalin. Stay focused!

Our 'Enery was quite the man it seems. His legs were bound in those stockings and garters, cutting off blood supply, and causing all sorts of festering. It was said you could smell him from 200 yards away. No wonder he had a job getting a girl pregnant. I could imagine beheading was a gentle relief from being bedded by the monster.

Still, he gave us the Mary Rose! What a wonderful piece of preserved history that is!
                          Last edited by Kazzer; 12-29-2012, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Kazzer
                            • Aug 2008

BOLLOCKS!!!!!!

You learn something every day! While going over the Mary Rose Wiki stuff I found this -

So now you know!

Comment

• Subculture
                              Admiral
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Kazzer
                              That's very subtle!
                              I won't tell you the rhyme I was taught for remembering the resistor colour code, which is none too subtle!

Comment

• Kazzer
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Subculture
                                I won't tell you the rhyme I was taught for remembering the resistor colour code, which is none too subtle!
                                Clunk! I dull bell ringeth! Black Bas***** ---- and then the knocker fell off! Finish it off then!

Comment

Working...