Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Hilde
    Rear Admiral
    • Oct 2011

I think their version of an SDV rather than rescue, but back in that day it may well have been a launcher for a Gozaiemas.

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Whats a gozaiemas?
      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Von Hilde
        Rear Admiral
        • Oct 2011

Its a WESTPAC thang my brutha, sorta like sayin a gizmo or whatchamacallit. But a goziemas could be classified into two catagories (a) gozintas and (2) gozontas. A gozinta is an object that goes in to, something as opposed to a gozonta that attaches externally to something. So the attachment on that sub would be referred to as a goziemas, but its a goziemas for a gozonta.

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Von Hilde
          Its a WESTPAC thang my brutha, sorta like sayin a gizmo or whatchamacallit. But a goziemas could be classified into two catagories (a) gozintas and (2) gozontas. A gozinta is an object that goes in to, something as opposed to a gozonta that attaches externally to something. So the attachment on that sub would be referred to as a goziemas, but its a goziemas for a gozonta.
          What are you trying to do here? Overload the spellchecker?
          Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Albion
            Captain
            • Dec 2008

arigato gosaimas is thank you very much in japanese
            Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Von Hilde
              Rear Admiral
              • Oct 2011

so deska, dozo Albion san. I knew someone would appreciate the humor. I wonder how many people in this forum are Navy vets or active? Sorry about the spelling Mr Kazzer, English isnt my strong suit
              Last edited by Von Hilde; 01-19-2013, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

A cross between American slang and southern drawl, I take it.

Comment

• Von Hilde
                  Rear Admiral
                  • Oct 2011

a method of crypology when you use phonetic spelling with coloquial phrases. Much like using the Navajo RTs in the Pacific theater{windtalkers) or the Nisi Americans in europe in WWII, or regular GIs using Pig Latin to converse over the radio. Confuses the hell out of the evesdroppers, and only the other guy your talking to knows what you actually said

Comment

• Kazzer
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Von Hilde
                    a method of crypology when you use phonetic spelling with coloquial phrases. Much like using the Navajo RTs in the Pacific theater{windtalkers) or the Nisi Americans in europe in WWII, or regular GIs using Pig Latin to converse over the radio. Confuses the hell out of the evesdroppers, and only the other guy your talking to knows what you actually said
                    AH! We d'ave Wilshure wur I kumz vrum. Bain't many thiik kin zpeek it theez daiz. Twur zpoke a lot win I wur a kidd, an it 'ad lotzu Geermin in 'er too. Bissent an worzel, dumbledors and vliddermous, an they thar zortza wurdz. Mi missuz d'unnezan it thou.
                    Last edited by Kazzer; 01-19-2013, 09:20 PM. Reason: cant spell vliddermous
                    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• greenman407
                      Admiral
                      • Feb 2009

Down in thar sout weuns sa , Yal gona eatyet? Youontoo? Geetonoudahere! ana stuf liken that thar!

Comment

• Albion
                        Captain
                        • Dec 2008

My friend refers to all parts as "doofers' or "jabooliators" (Ph Jah Boo Lee A tor), an fixing something is known as doing a jobber (jobber can also be a noun sometimes!)

An example would be, "i was trying to do a jobber on my car as the doofer needed fixing but i couldn't get to the jabooliator to unscrew it. its a complete mare".

Anyway back to jobbing my M1, the jobooliator still needs rubbing down, Ive got some low points so probably need to put on some more doofer.
                        Last edited by Albion; 01-19-2013, 08:52 PM.
                        Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Von Hilde
                          Rear Admiral
                          • Oct 2011

Yall fokes dunn right swell, Bubbas! Now immagine putting those words thru a code enegma that scrambles letters and in hi speed Morse, and sending the message to the command. If the opposition G2 can decypher that message, they still wont figgure out what was said.

Comment

• Von Hilde
                            Rear Admiral
                            • Oct 2011

I have little Jobberdoos all over my motorsikle, had em for years too. Most everybody got one or two. At least in S.E Pa/Northern Md, I believe thats where I heard about them. The name changes the further south you go. Heres a coupleClick image for larger version

Name:	Archerfish311Balao285.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	75930Operation Pettycoat, Key West1960
                            Last edited by Von Hilde; 01-20-2013, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• greenman407
                              Admiral
                              • Feb 2009

I Spy the Permit. Whats up with her bow?Click image for larger version

Name:	Permit nose job.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	76182

Comment

• Von Hilde
                                Rear Admiral
                                • Oct 2011

picture was day of decommissioning. Sub index says the cover for the sonar dome was removed for towing to the yard. I couldnt find a pic of 594 showing the cover in place, so Im not sure whats missing. It appears the transdeucers are uncovered and open to the sea, but in the early pictures of her, that type of sonar was not on board. The big box on deck aft of the sail, houses an emergency diesel engine for manuvering during the tow.

Comment

Working...