Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Hilde
    Rear Admiral
    • Oct 2011

"Water-tightness" appears to be two words, hyphenated. Watertight dont conjugate, Dude. It is, what it is. Insure Watertight Integrity would be the proper nauticle nomanclature. Now days, the kids in the canoe club, call it, Indigo Whiskey Indigo. IWI. Im not being pickey, its just zero five and I aint had but one Cuban coffee, yet. The cats are fed, and out poopin in the neighbors garden, so the feline valliums aint kicked in either. Hows dat fur a english lesson?

Comment

• Kazzer
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
      ...... yesterday Ellie made me give Mr. Cat a flea bath. Wow! .... like sticking your hands into a wood chipper!

M
      Good grief! You may as well use the cat as a toilet cleaner if you're going to get him wet - you know - lift the toilet bowl lid, place cat and a little Vim in toilet, close lid and flush! It's amazing how clean those claws get the bowl! But if you're really smart, go get some Advantage and place a dob of that on his neck once a month.
      Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• HardRock
        Vice Admiral
        • Mar 2013

Oh good grief. IWI, Indego? What are we making the phonetic alphabet up as we go along here? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Von Hilde
          "Water-tightness" appears to be two words, hyphenated. Watertight dont conjugate, Dude. It is, what it is. Insure Watertight Integrity would be the proper nauticle nomanclature. Now days, the kids in the canoe club, call it, Indigo Whiskey Indigo. IWI. Im not being pickey, its just zero five and I aint had but one Cuban coffee, yet. The cats are fed, and out poopin in the neighbors garden, so the feline valliums aint kicked in either. Hows dat fur a english lesson?
          LOL. Gotcha. Thanks. I tried it a few ways but had a brain-fart during most of the composition. One of those days.

M
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Von Hilde
            Rear Admiral
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by HardRock
            Oh good grief. IWI, Indego? What are we making the phonetic alphabet up as we go along here? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!
            India has only been in use since 1957. I was a 13 yr old Army brat and we used it every day. The "I" has had many since wwI. Like, item, interogitory and others. I joined the US Navy in 1962 and there were many WWII vets still serving and using the old phonetics at that time. Besides, I told you It was 5 am here and it was yesterday there

Comment

• Von Hilde
              Rear Admiral
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
              LOL. Gotcha. Thanks. I tried it a few ways but had a brain-fart during most of the composition. One of those days.

M
              My cats are self cleaning. Thats what they do all day when there not sleeping or eating or dancing in the shipyard. They dont do water well. They all have fallen off the dock once or twice, trying to get at the fish that live under the boats. They will drink right from the faucet if its just running at a slow flow., but if you crank it, they fly.

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

Thank you for the laugh!
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• trout
                  Admiral
                  • Jul 2011

I can commiserate with you all.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Mazie_Sink_sm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	92400
                  Then we have to contend with this. Wanting out or be fed or scratched or ?????

Name:	Zoey_sm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	92401
                  Pathetic I know.
                  If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• greenman407
                    Admiral
                    • Feb 2009

Funny thing about cats.....some of them like water.....and some of them DONT!!!

IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• HardRock
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Mar 2013

Oh OK. That explains it; I'm living in yesterday!

Comment

• Von Hilde
                        Rear Admiral
                        • Oct 2011

Oh OK. That explains it; I'm living in yesterday!
                        If you just go by zulu time, you'll be up to date all the time. The sun never sets on the British Empire. If you rise with HRH in the mother country, "you will nevah be outuv step" as she would say. Our Navy gave me a rolex GMT back in the early 60s and Ive been locked in since. Most likely thats why I wake up when its still dark. Tigger, my big alpha male tabby, goes by my watch. He litterally bites it when I fail to move, after he pats my facewith his paws, on the first attempt. When the daylight savings switches, he doesnt. Most likely be Christmas before we sync up, and by then the sun starts going the other way. Some people have dogs, and on the other hand some cats have people.

Comment

• MFR1964
                          Detail Nut of the First Order
                          • Sep 2010

David,

You know i'm a Rube Goldberg fan, can you also make a vid with a faulty LBP plugged in?, just curious. wanna see it all

Manfred.
                          I went underground

Comment

• redboat219
                            Admiral
                            • Dec 2008

Actually I was expecting to see just that in the video.

How about connect a tube to the exhaust port and putting the other end in a glass of water so the bubbles act as visual aid to show whether the pump is working or stalled.
                            Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by redboat219
                              Actually I was expecting to see just that in the video.

How about connect a tube to the exhaust port and putting the other end in a glass of water so the bubbles act as visual aid to show whether the pump is working or stalled.
                              That's what the idiot light is for!!!!

KISS

Name:	DSCF0704.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	92403

M
                              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by MFR1964
                                David,

You know i'm a Rube Goldberg fan, can you also make a vid with a faulty LBP plugged in?, just curious. wanna see it all

Manfred.
                                After reading your request I rushed into the shop only to be reminded (by the empty trash cans) that the garbage went out Friday -- along with the bum motors I pulled off their respective pump units. It's a practice around here to send warrenteed devices back for service or unwarrenteed items into the trash ASAP, to keep bad stuff from finding its way into product.

I've certified enough LPB's for a few month, that work completed last week. Next lot I get in I'll keep your request for a movie showing how a bad unit indicates during the commutator test in mind, Manfred. Thanks.

Love how quickly your V80 blows out the water -- how many volts are you hitting that LPB with? If 12 or so volts I recommend you put a 11 Ohm resister in series with one of the power wires or you'll fry that motor before the season is out.

M
                                Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...