• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Length: 34.7 m (113 ft 10 in) = 39”
    Beam: 3 m (9 ft 10 in) = 3.43”
    Draft: 3.67 m (12 ft 0 in) = 4.11”

Does anyone have the diameter of the propeller? What about some half decent plans? Anyone?
    Last edited by Kazzer; 11-01-2012, 11:12 AM.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Subculture
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

There are some drawings in Rosslers book.

Comment

• Tugfan
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Kazzer
        Nope! There's no money in these plastic models, and I simply can't compete because I'm only able to take a small order for this niche market. Lets them all fight over the scraps like dogs around a bone. I'll just sit on the porch and watch the carnage!
        It's not the kit you make money on, it's the SD and the internals you sell. Any kit you can get your hands on that your line of your SD's will fit is a good idea to have on hand. If you ever heard of the Kindle Fire, they sell for $199.00. They don't make a dime on the tablet, but they do make money on the books, songs and aps they sell for it.
        Last edited by Tugfan; 11-01-2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Tugfan
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Nov 2010

I want one of the Type XXIII if you can get a delivered price for me. Maybe if the kit is of good quality, Dave could maybe come up with a kit for it.
          Last edited by Tugfan; 11-01-2012, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Kazzer
            Nope! There's no money in these plastic models, and I simply can't compete because I'm only able to take a small order for this niche market. Lets them all fight over the scraps like dogs around a bone. I'll just sit on the porch and watch the carnage!
            Mike, I agree with Tugfan about carrying the models. They are not high money makers, but like I shared with you before I would rather you make a couple of dollars than me give it to someone else. I understand ROI, inventory turn over, and stagnant asset, so I cannot fault you for not doing it. However, how many places have a one stop shop for subs? From box to pond solutions?
            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
              • Aug 2008

Way to pile on, guy's! Now I'm going to get a nasty e-mail from the Boss, blaming me for starting a riot. Sigh.

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

you say you want a revolution well you know we all want to change the world........
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• herrmill
                  Commander
                  • Dec 2008

Wait until S-D's Philippines chapter starts beating the drum for a Type II. :wink:

Will let you folks know if I hear anything from Bronco. They're just a few hours east of me so if they are receptive to talking I'll plan to visit them next time I'm in the area. In the meantime, if you want to go really think small...

Oops, looks like the page is lost. Start your website on the cheap.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Stop that!
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
                      Admiral
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by herrmill
                      Wait until S-D's Philippines chapter starts beating the drum for a Type II. :wink:
                      Yes! Can you pass on my request when you call them.
                      Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Kazzer
                        • Aug 2008

OK OK! You people are annoying! Goldarnit! All I want is a bit of peace, and I've got you lot to put up with. He's on his favorite

I can't buy enough models from major suppliers, simply because this is a niche market, and I pander to the 1% who are dumb enough to want to R/C the stupid things. SO my 1/2 dozen models sit on the shelf, because I'm paying top price, and have to sell at a loss, to compete with Tower Hobbies etc.
                        Next thing is I get a bunch of emails like, "Your model is 50 cents more than Joe Bloe's! You're ripping me off, I hate you capitalist swine! I'm going to kill your children" (Note the correct use of the words 'your' & 'YOU'RE please HWSNBN)

Maybe I could buy a few models from Bronco? Lets see what they have to say. Over to you Chuck! And if I see one speck of dust on the boxes on my shelf, I'll lose it!Very Angry
                        Last edited by Kazzer; 12-30-2012, 10:46 AM.
                        Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Tugfan
                          Lieutenant Commander
                          • Nov 2010

I didn't think anyone was as crazy as Merriman but I seem to have made a serious error in my judgement. Mike seems slightly ahead.

Comment

• Aug 2008

*sigh*.....................
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Tugfan
                              Lieutenant Commander
                              • Nov 2010

Sorry Dave. I know Mike will blame you for this and punish you in the extreme.

Comment

• herrmill
                                Commander
                                • Dec 2008

Why did I just have this vision of Ving Rhames & Bruce Willis in a dungeon bound to chairs with ball gags. Ugh!

Comment

Working...