X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Das Boot
    Rear Admiral
    • Dec 2019

Rob,
    I wasn’t trying to be mean spirited. I just get interested in your projects, and sometimes you move on before they’re done, and I’ve never seen any of those videos or photos before. Again, my motivation was not meant to be anything other than encouragement. If you or anyone else here took it wrong, I offer my apologies.
    Casey
    Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Das Boot
      Rob,
      I wasn’t trying to be mean spirited. I just get interested in your projects, and sometimes you move on before they’re done, and I’ve never seen any of those videos or photos before. Again, my motivation was not meant to be anything other than encouragement. If you or anyone else here took it wrong, I offer my apologies.
      Casey
      Hey, good man, Casey. I know I've stepped on my Dork more than once here.

David
      Idiot
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
        Vice Admiral
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Hey, good man, Casey. I know I've stepped on my Dork more than once here.

David
        Idiot
        Everything is good! No problem!

Rob
        "Firemen can stand the heat."

Comment

• rwtdiver
          Vice Admiral
          • Feb 2019

I have made several attempts to get this new cylinder leak free.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GERMAN 212 A 100.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	179890 Click image for larger version

Name:	GERMAN 212 A 108.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	179891

I did manage to seal up the issues on the forward end cap. I took the push rod on the rear end cap out cleaned it up, installed a new cup seal to see if this might correct that problem. Did not have success with that.

As a final and last resort, I took the push rod out again and installed a bellow over the existing bushing and push rod and sealed it all up with silicone adhesive.

Rob

Comment

• rwtdiver
            Vice Admiral
            • Feb 2019

After having all the issues I have had with the 300 series Easy Driver with leaks, and getting the X-Tail setup working to some degree of success, the 212 A is in the water and operational!

Video link

The turning radius is limited do to the size of the pool, and I understand that. But the boat looks good in the water and it does run! I call that a successful boat build and run for me! Now some final finish work on the sail, sand and primer, and a final paint scheme applied and I can call this boat DONE!! :-))

Click image for larger version  Name:	GERMAN 212 A 111.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	179910

Click image for larger version  Name:	GERMAN212 A 110.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.2 KB ID:	179911

Thanks for all the participation and input that I have had with this build! Moving on!

Rob

Last edited by rwtdiver; 05-09-2024, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...