Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hms holland 1 build

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello rob those encapsulated and tech rack parts do you use are drawings of you?

    Regards Gantu

    Comment


    • Originally posted by gantu View Post
      Hello rob those encapsulated and tech rack parts do you use are drawings of you?
      Hi Gantu,

      I am not clear on what you mean by tech racks!? Are you referring to the WTC inner bulk heads?

      Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 38.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	166209Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 40.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	166210

      Rob
      "Firemen can stand the heat"

      Comment


      • Hello rob yes all the parts inside the etc and endcaps.
        Regards Gantu

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gantu View Post
          Hello rob yes all the parts inside the etc and endcaps.
          Gantu,

          I of course purchase the acrylic WTC, but all the component bulkheads, trays, and the end caps I design myself using TinkerCad for the design work, Some of the ideas and parts I get off of Thingiverse! I then do the 3D printing!

          Rob
          "Firemen can stand the heat"

          Comment


          • Thank you rob
            Regards Gantu

            Comment


            • Last night I finished up the majority of the WTC component trays!

              Click image for larger version

Name:	SM UC 5 U-BOAT 38.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	166248Click image for larger version

Name:	SM UC 5 U-BOAT 39.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	166249

              The next thing to do is to install all the components on all the trays and do the wiring!

              Rob
              "Firemen can stand the heat"

              Comment


              • Amazon just delivered the spray paint that I will be using on the HMS Holland!

                Click image for larger version  Name:	HMS HOLLAND 152.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.4 KB ID:	166282

                Click image for larger version  Name:	HMS HOLLAND 151.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.6 KB ID:	166283Click image for larger version  Name:	HMS HOLLAND 150.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.8 KB ID:	166284

                Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 149.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	166285Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 1.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	166286



                The lower portion of the hull will be CHARCOAL & the upper portion will be the AGED GREY! Not sure what look yet! After ALL the finish work is complete there will be a final coat of the MATT CLEAR!

                After this finish work is complete, I will take photos and a video of the completed boat!

                Rob
                "Firemen can stand the heat"
                Last edited by rwtdiver; 11-01-2022, 08:04 PM.

                Comment


                • Click image for larger version

Name:	images (4).jpg
Views:	126
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	166302 Any plans of printing some RN personnel to populate the deck while running on the surface?
                  Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by redboat219 View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	images (4).jpg
Views:	126
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	166302 Any plans of printing some RN personnel to populate the deck while running on the surface?
                    Great idea Romel,

                    But I don't think I want to take it that far for now. It could happen may be someday!? :-))

                    Rob
                    "Firemen can stand the heat"

                    Comment


                    • I finished up the paint work (rattle can) on the upper and lower hull sections.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 1 155.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	166633Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS HOLLAND ! 154.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	166634

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 1 153.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	166635

                      Next will be a little detail work using a water base acrylic and hand brushes!

                      Rob
                      "Firemen can stand the heat"

                      Comment


                      • The base colors for the hull have been applied on the Holland.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 153.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	166709Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 154.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	166710

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 155.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	166711Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 156.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	166712

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 157.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	166713

                        I still have some detail finishing to do to the antennas, top of the main walking deck, some of the deck accessories, the chain, and the brass vent piping area around the stern, and some other minor detail work.

                        After that I will apply the matt clear coat over the entire boat and that will bring this build to a close!

                        Rob
                        "Firemen can stand the heat"

                        Comment


                        • Done nicely!

                          Jörg

                          Comment


                          • BRAVO ZULO!

                            Click image for larger version  Name:	BZ_Large.png Views:	0 Size:	333.6 KB ID:	166726

                            Well done Rob!!

                            Sorry I just got around to reading this in it's entirety. But you've got a beautiful boat coming along there regarding a personal historic subject for me. Not only for her lineage that lead to todays modern Commissioned Submarine in the US NAVY, but the fact sea trials and training for her crew took place at Holland Torpedo Boat Station in New Suffolk, NY, only about 40 minutes from where I lived on Long Island. I learned to sail and spent quite a bit of time in Greater/Little Peconic Bay and the north side of Robins Island where that activity took place. Water was only about 40-50' deep SW of Buoy R20 off of Little Hogs Neck/Nassau Point. Ray Mason and I attended the 100th Anniversary of the US Sub Force there back in '01.

                            About a 5 hour trip east to Gardeners Bay where the water got deeper for 75' dives.


                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-12 082846.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.5 KB ID:	166727


                            What a piece of history!!

                            Keep us informed including sea trails! AND BRING HER TO 2023 SUBFEST!!
                            v/r "Sub" Ed

                            Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                            NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                            USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by QuarterMaster View Post
                              BRAVO ZULO!

                              Click image for larger version Name:	BZ_Large.png Views:	0 Size:	333.6 KB ID:	166726

                              Well done Rob!!

                              Sorry I just got around to reading this in it's entirety. But you've got a beautiful boat coming along there regarding a personal historic subject for me. Not only for her lineage that lead to todays modern Commissioned Submarine in the US NAVY, but the fact sea trials and training for her crew took place at Holland Torpedo Boat Station in New Suffolk, NY, only about 40 minutes from where I lived on Long Island. I learned to sail and spent quite a bit of time in Greater/Little Peconic Bay and the north side of Robins Island where that activity took place. Water was only about 40-50' deep SW of Buoy R20 off of Little Hogs Neck/Nassau Point. Ray Mason and I attended the 100th Anniversary of the US Sub Force there back in '01.

                              About a 5 hour trip east to Gardeners Bay where the water got deeper for 75' dives.


                              Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-12 082846.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.5 KB ID:	166727


                              What a piece of history!!

                              Keep us informed including sea trails! AND BRING HER TO 2023 SUBFEST!!
                              Thank you, Ed,

                              I really appreciate the compliment! Thats great that you lived not far from some of the Hollands history and sailed boats in the very water that the crews of the Holland trained! Thank you for posting up the Wikipedia info site on the Holland!

                              My new passion is trying to find, and 3D print and build up as many of these older 1800's and 1900's boats as I can! Thanks again Ed, I really appreciate your input!

                              Rob
                              "Firemen can stand the heat"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X