Clear All

• redboat219
    replied
    Airbrush Speckle Technique

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    QUOTE=He Who Shall Not Be Named;n169171]

A much better way than flicking the spatter via toothbrush!

[/QUOTE]​
    Last edited by redboat219; 02-02-2023, 01:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by Davjacva
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image001.png
Views:	229
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	169181
    So today in Merriman's shop while looking for that one and only screwdriver that fits a 6-32 phillips head screw...okay, I didn't find it because somebody reorganized...but, I found THIS behind his crayon/ toothpaste/ paint collection. Had a note on it, 'Install in Moebius Seaview'...? Wonder how it's going to go 88mph and juice up 1.21 gigawatts?
    **** you, Jake! And stop snooping around my shop when I'm napping!

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by trout
    O.K., so a slightly different way you taught me with toothpaste which was just dab it on directly with a course brush.......Are you just trying to be fancy and spray it on? I'll be your pain in the a$$ anytime wink wink LOL
    That's right, Tom. Just a different application means of toothpaste masking. That and the fact that instead of sloppy brush strokes, the masking goes down as randomly sized small dots of chaotic pattern -- which was the ideal objective. The speed and ease of application is significantly better than hand-dabbing an application tool.

Now that I'm finished with this tool and have successfully practiced on the test-article, I'll start below waterline weathering on my long suffering 1/96 SKIPJACK (must be at least the 50'th I've put together over the decades)​

Name:	DSCF9612.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	169183

Name:	DSCF9617.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	169184

Name:	DSCF9619.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	169185

Name:	DSCF9637.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	169186

David

Leave a comment:

• Davjacva
    replied

Name:	image001.png
Views:	229
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	169181
    So today in Merriman's shop while looking for that one and only screwdriver that fits a 6-32 phillips head screw...okay, I didn't find it because somebody reorganized...but, I found THIS behind his crayon/ toothpaste/ paint collection. Had a note on it, 'Install in Moebius Seaview'...? Wonder how it's going to go 88mph and juice up 1.21 gigawatts?

Leave a comment:

Working...