X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rick Teskey
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jan 2009

we Never get tired of your post !

Where else can you get insight into work of this caliber freely shared.
    I hope all you post are archived in a master build file for future builders
    Thank you

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Rick Teskey
      we Never get tired of your post !

Where else can you get insight into work of this caliber freely shared.
      I hope all you post are archived in a master build file for future builders
      Thank you
      Beware Canadian's bearing gifts and sticky-sweet compliments like the above drivel!

Just what the hell are you getting at you bacon munching, squid-throwing, Queen worshiping, metric thinking, Frog speaking, snow creature!???.....

God damn! It's enough my boss comes from that place, so I have to be nice to him. But why do I have to suffer your **** as well!????...

Now, with the niceties out of the way -- thanks. I've learned from your work as well, Rick. Let's keep the ball in play as long as we can, my friend.

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

O.K. we will re-write history on the above post. LOL When (not hoping for anytime soon) David parts with us, We will make David sound like the kindest man on earth, a saint even. There will just need to be some tweaks to some of his posts.
        I agree that the information freely shared is a treasure of information, David and all that post, have helped me. Some from their mistakes and others for trying something new, but I have learned from David what I hope to achieve while on this earth.
        Peace,
        Tom
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• rwtdiver
          Vice Admiral
          • Feb 2019

Originally posted by trout
          O.K. we will re-write history on the above post. LOL When (not hoping for anytime soon) David parts with us, We will make David sound like the kindest man on earth, a saint even. There will just need to be some tweaks to some of his posts.
          I agree that the information freely shared is a treasure of information, David and all that post, have helped me. Some from their mistakes and others for trying something new, but I have learned from David what I hope to achieve while on this earth.
          Peace,
          Tom
          Well stated Tom & Rick! David is the BEST! I dare say no more for fear of his back lash!!

Rob

"Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• Rick Teskey
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Jan 2009

Still have a big pile of stuff too do
            Attached Files

Comment

• Aug 2008

Darrin Hataway has produced a 3D file of the SEAL's swimmer delivery vehicle, MK-8. It's a four-man, wet type conveyance used by the frogs to commute to and from 'work'.

Darrin printed one up and sent it to me to evaluate for possible commercial sale. The hull and appendages are well formed. The fit is tight and part break-down is simple and well thought out. It's an easy kit to assemble.

I built a custom SubDriver to fit -- that module providing the guidance, ballast, and propulsion needed to animate the eventual r/c submarine. Today's task was to work out the running gear and to mount the two principle control surfaces.

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
                Captain
                • Apr 2020

Nice work!

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Monahan Steam Models
                  Nice work!
                  Thank you, sir. As I hold your work -- your current torpedo work being a sterling example -- in such high regard your compliment is most significant.

On a separate note, dealing with your current investigation on a torpedo launcher: I've posted some ideas for you to consider regarding tube sequencing and launching techniques. However, that post is in limbo awaiting moderator-administrator approval. Hopefully my post will be available this week sometime.

David
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                    Admiral
                    • Jul 2011

David,
                    You use jigs for a lot of work. I think I need to practice that. The drilling of the prop is just so smart and simple. I cannot thank you enough for posting this information. Thank you sir!
                    Peace,
                    Tom
                    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

David,
                      You use jigs for a lot of work. I think I need to practice that. The drilling of the prop is just so smart and simple. I cannot thank you enough for posting this information. Thank you sir!
                      Peace,
                      Tom
                      You're one of the few who make good use of the information I and other terribly talented people present to the great-unwashed.

David
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                        Admiral
                        • Jul 2011

Cavemen painted on the walls of caves, knuckle draggers like us continue to grow by your inspiration. I think you are having a bigger impact than you know. On a FB page I was on someone referred to you and that they learned from you. I do not think that person is registered here (or any sub site from what I could gather). Builds that we do, are out there with the hope it helps others. Even if they never show up, the information is getting dissimilated. You are a friend and a mentor to me.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Cavemen painted on the walls of caves, knuckle draggers like us continue to grow by your inspiration. I think you are having a bigger impact than you know. On a FB page I was on someone referred to you and that they learned from you. I do not think that person is registered here (or any sub site from what I could gather). Builds that we do, are out there with the hope it helps others. Even if they never show up, the information is getting dissimilated. You are a friend and a mentor to me.
                          Thanks, Tom. We learn, we apply, we pass it on. We receive a gift of knowledge, we enjoy its fruits, we pass on the gift to the next guy down the line.
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• ffr2608
                            Lieutenant Commander
                            • Oct 2009

Excellent work Dave! We are finally doing the SDV after all these years... It goes together really well. Can't wait to see you idea on the control surfaces....

Darrin

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by ffr2608
                              Excellent work Dave! We are finally doing the SDV after all these years... It goes together really well. Can't wait to see you idea on the control surfaces....

Darrin
                              Yeah. Bout time, huh!

Here's a tease, pal:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3538.JPG
Views:	331
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	143998Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3553.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	143999Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3579.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	144000

Alter your file to put those pushrods in line with the control horns so there's no Z-bend at the end where the clevis makes up to the horn.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3568.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	144001

David
                              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
                                Captain
                                • Apr 2020

It’s all in the details!!! Very clean!