Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and expectations

Hello, and welcome to the forums at the Nautilus Drydocks, formerly Sub-driver.com!

We welcome anyone with a passion for submarines and a desire to learn and share knowledge about this fascinating hobby. Use of these forums indicates your intention to abide by our code of conduct:


1. No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites will be deleted immediately.

2. Please post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.

3. Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after or without a warning.

4. No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior is grounds for deletion from the forums.

5. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted.

6. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
See more
See less

today's work

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by redboat219 View Post

    It's "Kabo" in Bisaya.

    https://youtu.be/eibA3YRwsHE
    Oh...……………………...
    "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

    Comment


    • Who's the skinny guy doing all this amazing work? You may **** on all of our graves yet. It's the craft that keeps us going. Purpose and passion=long life.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SteveNeill View Post
        Who's the skinny guy doing all this amazing work? You may **** on all of our graves yet. It's the craft that keeps us going. Purpose and passion=long life.
        Yeah, 30 more pounds and I'll be happy. Can't play if you've assumed room-temperature.

        David
        "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

        Comment


        • Doctors made me lose 30 pounds and have me on this no sugar no carbohydrates diet that got rid of my diabetic condition. Yes room temperature no play. Carry on.

          This is me at 167 pounds wearing one of my Outer Limits masks we sell. Iron Giant in progress in the BKG.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4747small2.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	137683
          Last edited by SteveNeill; 04-05-2020, 12:09 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SteveNeill View Post
            Doctors made me lose 30 pounds and have me on this no sugar no carbohydrates diet that got rid of my diabetic condition. Yes room temperature no play. Carry on.

            This is me at 167 pounds wearing one of my Outer Limits masks we sell. Iron Giant in progress in the BKG.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4747small2.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	137683
            Congratulations! No small feat.

            David
            "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

            Comment


            • No but I was nearly room temperature. Hey! How is your granddaughter she must be all grown up by now.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SteveNeill View Post
                No but I was nearly room temperature. Hey! How is your granddaughter she must be all grown up by now.
                Out of the house, on her own.

                "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

                Comment


















                • "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

                  Comment


                  • I started a 3" motor-bulkhead master. This diameter is just big enough to get intermediate sized brushless motors in there, side-by-side.











                    A forward 3" bulkhead, outfitted with two servos is the objective of this work. I'm mocking up such a unit, once validated for correct operation it will be taken apart and the parts used as masters to make tools for resin casting of the production parts.









                    "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

                    Comment


                    • Amazing. Definitely fun and inspiring.

                      Comment


                      • I love those Alfa bits and pieces. Everything that I could have wanted (and had to make) is there, in that one photograph. Bravo!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by HardRock View Post
                          I love those Alfa bits and pieces. Everything that I could have wanted (and had to make) is there, in that one photograph. Bravo!
                          Yeah, I did all the grunt work decades ago when Thor and I were on speaking terms. Now that the 1/72 ALFA is in Bob's hands it seems I'm back in the loop as far as production goes on that fine kit.

                          https://youtu.be/eLap8AP27eQ

                          David
                          "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

                          Comment























                          • "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

                            Comment


                            • Is the single motor driving one gear or is it driving both gears so all three the pinion and spurs are meshed?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rick Teskey View Post
                                Is the single motor driving one gear or is it driving both gears so all three the pinion and spurs are meshed?
                                You're the guy who gave me the steer as to how to simplify the gear-splitter by driving one of the two spurs off the motor pinion. Mesh the two propeller shaft spur gears and the job is done.

                                You saved me a lot of work, Rick, with that steer as my initial POS gear-splitter was temperamental, expensive, and labor intensive -- a device only Rube Goldberg would appreciate.

                                Your three-gear unit saved the day. See! Canadian's can be useful!

                                (I now seek a crow-bar to pry my nose out of your rather substantial ass).

                                David
                                "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X