X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Das Boot
    Rear Admiral
    • Dec 2019

Originally posted by RCSubGuy

Did you not ready the entire thread that you just posted in?
    Our chainsaw buddy is back.
    Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• rwtdiver
      Vice Admiral
      • Feb 2019

Miroslav,

I have built (3d Printed) two Alfa boats 1:72 scale 1:96 scale.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ALFA INTERIOR 1.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	169150

Name:	ALFA INTERIOR 2.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	169151

Name:	ALFA INTERIOR 3.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	169152

Name:	ALFA INTERIOR 4.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	169153

I really like the Russian submarines. Good luck on your builds!

Rob
      "Firemen can stand the heat."

Comment

• m.rainbow
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Jun 2010

Hello. Rob, the site links are great. I looked them over. They are very interesting. I can see how it was done professionally. The models are beautiful. You have golden hands. Thank you very much for the site. I still found some photos on the net, but I'm still looking for the part of the hull that is under water. If you know someone who owns these materials and is willing to put them on the page, or send them to an e-mail, I will be very happy. When I get it together, I'll start building. I want to try a new construction technology. Laminating is not my forte. I want to avoid him, and therefore I want to try to do it differently. I believe it will work out. I will of course share my experience.
        Regards
        Miroslav​

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by m.rainbow
          Hello. Rob, the site links are great. I looked them over. They are very interesting. I can see how it was done professionally. The models are beautiful. You have golden hands. Thank you very much for the site. I still found some photos on the net, but I'm still looking for the part of the hull that is under water. If you know someone who owns these materials and is willing to put them on the page, or send them to an e-mail, I will be very happy. When I get it together, I'll start building. I want to try a new construction technology. Laminating is not my forte. I want to avoid him, and therefore I want to try to do it differently. I believe it will work out. I will of course share my experience.
          Regards
          Miroslav​
          I assume you want plans. Drawings. I'll fix you up. Send me your address.

Name:	IMG_0020.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	169160

Name:	IMG_0015.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	169161

Name:	IMG_0021.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	169162

Name:	IMG_0478.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	169164

Name:	IMG_0479.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	169165

dmeriman@aol.com
          Attached Files
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• m.rainbow
            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

My apologies to you, m.rainbow. I'm profoundly disappointed to agree with you that there appears to be NO ALFA material; posts I know I submitted to the forum a few years back. WTF! Bob and Jason are very busy running the business, but time will have to be taken to dig out my older work from the cracks its fallen into and get my good works back into the public's hands.

Anyway, to make up for my snarky, shameful responses to your pleas of help. I've found adjacent sites that have the information you seek:

Warship Models Underway Message Board 2.2.3 - what I did today (mysite.com) start with post #44​

(41) Merriman's Submarine Modelling | Secret Projects Forum​ start with post Articles

David
            Hello
            Thanks David for your reply.
            I wrote it because I just want to build an Alfa model. Because I'm a perfectionist, I try to find as much material as possible for building a submarine model.
            I saw on the page that someone was already looking for materials for this model, so I just got in touch. I didn't know it would be so complicated, send a few photos to this page or if you don't want to share it, send it to my email address. Maybe the book by Wayne Frey, where the mentioned photos are located. Unless he wants to infringe copyright. I can then send the address. If someone were to build a Russian submarine now and I had documents for it, I would have no problem sending them. I have been interested in Russian submarines for 40 years. There are still materials that I could not get. And these are some of them.
            Thanks again
            Best regards, Miroslav​

Comment

• m.rainbow
              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
              • Jun 2010

I assume you want plans. Drawings. I'll fix you up. Send me your address.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0020.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.4 KB ID:	169160

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0015.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.5 KB ID:	169161

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0021.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.3 KB ID:	169162

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0478.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.5 KB ID:	169164

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0479.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.8 KB ID:	169165

dmeriman@aol.com
              Hello David
              These are the materials I'm looking for. I will write you email on the addres you provided.
              Thank you very much.
              Last edited by m.rainbow; 02-01-2023, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Hello David
                These are the materials I'm looking for. I will write you email on the addres you provided.
                Thank you very much.

Excellent.

Name:	PICT0117.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	169175

David
                Part-Time Idiot
                Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 02-01-2023, 02:28 PM.
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• m.rainbow
                  Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                  • Jun 2010

Excellent.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PICT0117.jpg Views:	0 Size:	24.3 KB ID:	169175

David
                  Part-Time Idiot
                  Hello David.
                  You are a professional. The submarine models are amazing.
                  I don't have those options, so I improvise.
                  I do everything myself. I don't mind because I'm only making one model. I will return to those pages many times. Looking for possible solutions when building a submarine model.
                  Thank you so much for the inspiration.
                  Miroslav​

Comment

• Aug 2008

Hello David.
                    You are a professional. The submarine models are amazing.
                    I don't have those options, so I improvise.
                    I do everything myself. I don't mind because I'm only making one model. I will return to those pages many times. Looking for possible solutions when building a submarine model.
                    Thank you so much for the inspiration.
                    Miroslav​
                    Just passing on what others taught me.
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• JHapprich
                      Captain
                      • Oct 2017

Maybe useful?

Name:	ALFA_zpssoazgzja.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	169226Click image for larger version

Name:	ugqzvsg9e2mfsfoggckw.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	169227

Comment

• m.rainbow
                        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                        • Jun 2010

Hello Jorg
                        Thanks for posting the photo of Alpha. I'll put them in the archive.
                        Hopefully we will gradually work on those pictures.
                        Thank you once again.​

Comment

• m.rainbow
                          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                          • Jun 2010

Hello friends of submarine modeling.
                          Hereby,
                          I would like to thank David for providing the materials, drawings, photos for the construction of the class-705 Alfa submarine model. Dave Thanks again.
                          When sorting the material, I found that the pr.705-705K are different. There are many changes in the light hull of these submarines.
                          I'm still looking for a photo, another photo that would confirm it. The book by "Wayne Frey-Russians submarines- Guardians of the Motherlands" would help. Or photos from this book. Can
                          someone be so kind and willing and sent it to my e-mail address, if you can. As a replacement, I can provide other materials, plans, drawings. of Russian submarines
                          Thank you all.

Comment

• Aug 2008

How are you fixed for YANKEE drawings?
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• m.rainbow
                              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                              • Jun 2010

Hello
                              Do you mean the 667A-Yankee class submarine? The name Yankee was given by Western experts, whose shape resembled the George Washington submarine. The correct name is 667A-NAVAGA-submarines built in the Severodvinsk shipyard. And the submarines built in the Komsomolsk shipyard on the Amur had the name NALIM. In the years 1964-1972, 24 submarines were built in the Severodvinsk shipyard./Navaga/. The remaining 10 submarines /NALIM/ were built in the Komsomolsk shipyard on the Amur. I have the documents and materials /photo, drawing, sketches./ for this type. According to them, a high-quality model can be built.
                              Best regards​
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Aug 2008

Hello
                                Do you mean the 667A-Yankee class submarine? The name Yankee was given by Western experts, whose shape resembled the George Washington submarine. The correct name is 667A-NAVAGA-submarines built in the Severodvinsk shipyard. And the submarines built in the Komsomolsk shipyard on the Amur had the name NALIM. In the years 1964-1972, 24 submarines were built in the Severodvinsk shipyard./Navaga/. The remaining 10 submarines /NALIM/ were built in the Komsomolsk shipyard on the Amur. I have the documents and materials /photo, drawing, sketches./ for this type. According to them, a high-quality model can be built.
                                Best regards​
                                Yes! And thank you for clarification on the proper nomenclature as to the design number, yards of origin, and Russian class names.

I'm interested in orthographic drawings of the basic YANKEE hull form from which I would make a master, tools, and GRP kits. I had earlier worked with another guy to produce this kit, but that effort got bogged down for some reason. Here are some shots of YANKEE work from me in support of that job:

And a nearly completed 1/96 ALFA you might find interesting.

If you can help me with the YANKEE drawings, that would be most appreciated. My mailing address is:

David D Merriman lll
                                835 Holly Hedge Ave.
                                Virginia Beach, VA 23452​
                                Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...