• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by m.rainbow
    Good day everyone
    Friends of submarine modellers. I would like to ask for your help. I am looking for materials to build a class 705 Alfa submarine model. I am mainly looking for materials that are below the waterline. But I would welcome any background on this type of submarine.
    Thank you in advance.
    m.duha​
    Did you not ready the entire thread that you just posted in?

Comment

• m.rainbow
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Jun 2010

Good day David
      By the word materials, I mean: photos of the underwater part of the submarine 705 Alfa, photos of details, for example ship's screw, antennas, periscopes, filling and draining holes, service holes on the deck, etc. The basis for building a nice model of this submarine. Thanks for getting in touch. I appreciate it.
      Best regards, Miroslav
      Czech Rebublic​

Comment

• m.rainbow
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Jun 2010

Hello David. What else do I need to add to the thread.?

Comment

• JHapprich
          Captain
          • Oct 2017

I recommend you searching the forum, for there are so many pictures, drawings and so on available already.

Should you still have acces to that site, you need to look for apl 705/705K on forums.airbase.ru.

Happy hunting!
          Jörg

Comment

• m.rainbow
            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
            • Jun 2010

Hello David.
            I am trying to build a model of this submarine. I would like to make a quality model. That's why I try to find high-quality documents, such as photos, drawings, photos of details, etc. And then I start building. I chose the 1:75 scale. On which the details can be seen. If you can help I will be very happy. I don't have many options how to get such materials. That's why I'm turning to a forum where they have a lot of experience in building model submarines.
            Thank you Best regards.
            Miroslav​

Comment

• m.rainbow
              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by JHapprich
              I recommend you searching the forum, for there are so many pictures, drawings and so on available already.

Should you still have acces to that site, you need to look for apl 705/705K on forums.airbase.ru.

Happy hunting!
              Jörg
              Hello Jörg
              Thanks for the heads up on the site.
              I searched everything on the balancer website but the photo I'm interested in, the well-known photo of the underwater part of the submarine 705 Alfa. There are few of them. But I also searched on other sites. Without success. That's why I'm turning to this forum, because I saw that someone was already looking for similar materials. So I hope that we will also be able to find them
              Thanks again for your reply.
              Miroslav​

Comment

• JHapprich
                Captain
                • Oct 2017

создание АПЛ пр.705, проблемы и решения: … А ничо. Война все на место поставит. Где то, когда то появяться люди, появиться техника (а все идет к ее обвальному удешевлению при правильном подходе) И… (стр. 1 из 23)

Comment

• m.rainbow
                  Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                  • Jun 2010

Hello
                  In the recommendations of the website, there are only a few photos that could be used in the construction of the 705 Alfa model. Photos from the book by Mr. Frey Wayne "Russians Submarines Guardians of the motherland" would help. Can someone of you send photos and drawings from this book to an email address.?
                  Thank you Miroslav​

Comment

• JHapprich
                    Captain
                    • Oct 2017

Err...
                    err...

Did you actually look through ALL the pages?

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by JHapprich
                      Err...
                      err...

Did you actually look through ALL the pages?

We can only lead 'em to water... can't make 'em drink!

David
                      Mr. ALFA
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• m.rainbow
                        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                        • Jun 2010

Hello Jörg
                        I searched everything.
                        I post to the forum myself. The last post was the reconstruction of the hull of the pr.941 Typhoon. You cannot find photos of the 705 Alpha from the book: Vayne Frey Russian submarines Guardians and the Motherland or others on the pr.705 Lira /alfa/class submarine.
                        I DON'T HAVE A POSSIBILITY TO GET SUCH BASES, SO I ASK EVERYONE WHO BUILDS SUBMARINE MODELS AND EXCHANGE BASES FOR BUILDING BETWEEN THEM.
                        Thank you.​

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by m.rainbow
                          Hello Jörg
                          I searched everything.
                          I post to the forum myself. The last post was the reconstruction of the hull of the pr.941 Typhoon. You cannot find photos of the 705 Alpha from the book: Vayne Frey Russian submarines Guardians and the Motherland or others on the pr.705 Lira /alfa/class submarine.
                          I DON'T HAVE A POSSIBILITY TO GET SUCH BASES, SO I ASK EVERYONE WHO BUILDS SUBMARINE MODELS AND EXCHANGE BASES FOR BUILDING BETWEEN THEM.
                          Thank you.​
                          My apologies to you, m.rainbow. I'm profoundly disappointed to agree with you that there appears to be NO ALFA material; posts I know I submitted to the forum a few years back. WTF! Bob and Jason are very busy running the business, but time will have to be taken to dig out my older work from the cracks its fallen into and get my good works back into the public's hands.

Anyway, to make up for my snarky, shameful responses to your pleas of help. I've found adjacent sites that have the information you seek:

Warship Models Underway Message Board 2.2.3 - what I did today (mysite.com) start with post #44​

(41) Merriman's Submarine Modelling | Secret Projects Forum​ start with post Articles

David
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• m.rainbow
                            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

We can only lead 'em to water... can't make 'em drink!

David
                            Mr. ALFA
                            Hello David
                            That is not my goal. I don't even want that. If someone doesn't want help, they won't help.
                            But anyway, thanks for getting in touch.
                            If you are looking for some information on other Russian submarines, I will be happy to help.
                            Regards​

Comment

• rwtdiver
                              Vice Admiral
                              • Feb 2019

m.rainbow,

This might help you?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=705+Alfa+S...;iax=images&am p;ia=images

Submarine attacking Lira class or Russia's Project 705 Alfa still holds the title of the world's fastest submarine at a speed of 76km / h.

Rob
                              "Firemen can stand the heat."

​​​​​​​

Comment

• m.rainbow
                                Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by rwtdiver
                                m.rainbow,

This might help you?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=705+Alfa+S...;iax=images&am p;ia=images

https://scienceinfo.net/the-worlds-f...-705-alfa.html

Rob
                                "Firemen can stand the heat."
                                Hello Rob
                                Thank you for sending the link to the site. I went through and selected several photos of the submarine 705 Líra/Alfa class/, which I will need to build the model. I hope that I will be able to find the rest that I keep writing about. I have been interested in submarines for more than 40 years. I am 62 years old this year, so I am slowly preparing for retirement. I decided to fulfill my dream. Build models of Russian submarines. The first should be 705 Alfa, then 671RTMK-Ščuka, 627A -Kit, 971Akula III Gepard, and finally my favorite pr.945 A Sierra class. Over the years I have collected a lot of material on these types of submarines. Because new and new materials appear, I am constantly adding to my archive. Well, there are still photos that are not commonly available and that are difficult to find. hence the call to the forum from my side.
                                Thanks again
                                Best regards, Miroslav​

Comment

Working...