Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SSN SonarTech
    it there a guide to setting up a WFLY WFT08X and a leptron RX . The instructions for the transmitter (that came with it) talk about 2.4 GHZ operation and I have 72 Mhz. I followed M's wiring diagram to hook everything up. I thought I had come across a TX setup guide but can not seem to find it.

That 2.4gHz transmitter is entirely unsuitable for operation with the 75mHz Lepton-8 receiver. Two different bands, and two different forms of modulation. You need to find a replacement 75mHz RF module for the transmitter (with antenna!), or find yourself another transmitter on the 75mHz band.

M
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• SSN SonarTech
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Jul 2012

My transmitter and my lepto 6 are 72 Mhz. the instructions that came with the TX are for the 2.4 ghz model. I guess I was not clear enough. I am looking for a set up guide. The most channels I have used in the past are 2 channel systems and I want to make sure I have everything hooked up right and what controls what on the transmitter. Thanks for you help
      US Submarine Force: Making the Navy worthwhile since 1900

Comment

• Aug 2008

My transmitter and my lepto 6 are 72 Mhz. the instructions that came with the TX are for the 2.4 ghz model. I guess I was not clear enough. I am looking for a set up guide. The most channels I have used in the past are 2 channel systems and I want to make sure I have everything hooked up right and what controls what on the transmitter. Thanks for you help

Oh,

Set the transmitter for mode-2 and for 'airplane', not 'helicopter. Then just worry about servo reversing and end-points.

M
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• SSN SonarTech
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Jul 2012

01-24-2012, 08:40 AM

Originally posted by vital.spark View Post
          Hello Kevin,

Daved mentioned your guide is a god-send, where can I find it? At the moment I'm going one step forward and 2 steps backward.

Regards,

Myron

Scroll down the forum until you find LINKS TO TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS which will take you to KNOWLEDGEBASE
          scroll down to find Setting Up The WFLY Radio WFT08 8 ch

Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Is this guide still available? The web page says it is unavailable? Seem to be just what I am looking for

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

Try this:

If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• SSN SonarTech
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Jul 2012

Thanks for the info. what I was looking for.

Comment

• SSN SonarTech
                Lieutenant Commander
                • Jul 2012

Everything hooked up, No smoke!!! everything works as advertised but I can not seem control the throttle. I set the endpoint to 50 as I have read about. Not very smooth response and no reverse. Is there something I am missing? Also need to make new control rods off the servos after bending they are to short. Moving on slowly Merry Christmas to all

Comment

• Aug 2008

Everything hooked up, No smoke!!! everything works as advertised but I can not seem control the throttle. I set the endpoint to 50 as I have read about. Not very smooth response and no reverse. Is there something I am missing? Also need to make new control rods off the servos after bending they are to short. Moving on slowly Merry Christmas to all

Did you attempt to re-program the ESC? Go to the MTronik's site for info on that.

M
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• SSN SonarTech
                    Lieutenant Commander
                    • Jul 2012

Thanks I will try that. And thanks David for all you r help Have a Merry Christmas and great New Year even though we are going to be having 70 degree weather

Comment

• Aug 2008

Thanks I will try that. And thanks David for all you r help Have a Merry Christmas and great New Year even though we are going to be having 70 degree weather

Drag that arking-sparking-spewing, steaming pile of ***** over here and I'll fix you up.

M
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• SSN SonarTech
                        Lieutenant Commander
                        • Jul 2012

Hey now its Fast Attack tough.. Thanks for the offer but I will have to delay as I am going out of town for a few days. I had a duh moment and did not think of calibration even though I have use this brand of esc before. Once again you were right on the mark as your advice worked like a champ.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Hey now its Fast Attack tough.. Thanks for the offer but I will have to delay as I am going out of town for a few days. I had a duh moment and did not think of calibration even though I have use this brand of esc before. Once again you were right on the mark as your advice worked like a champ.

OF COURSE I WAS RIGHT!!!!!

What's wrong with you people?!!....

Safe trip, pal.

M
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Pawly
                            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                            • Jun 2013

Not sure if I am in the right area, I am sure you will let me know if I am not.
                            I was wondering when is sub driver open for business this year?
                            Mrs. Santa got me a SkipJack model, and I have bought the fittings kit, sub driver and PE kit to get it going. I just ordered them on the 4th Jan. Was checking to see when they are open.
                            Last edited by Pawly; 01-08-2016, 05:21 AM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Pawly
                              Not sure if I am in the right area, I am sure you will let me know if I am not.
                              I was wondering when is sub driver open for business this year?

You're fine. As far as I know it is. What are you looking for? We're all coming in back from vacation and getting back to work for another year

M
                              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Pawly
                                Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                                • Jun 2013

I have found what I am looking for on this site and its links, thank you. I have purchased the sub driver and fittings kit for SkipJack, I will be building USS Scorpion. I also have a type IX that I would like to convert. I will see how the Skipjack goes. I have been building what you guys call targets in 1/72 scale. The biggest, which I will start latter on this year is USS Constellation CV64. She will be in 1/72 scale as well.

Comment

Working...