Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MFR1964
    Detail Nut of the First Order
    • Sep 2010

Offcourse she runs well, designed in the Netherlands!!!, looking good Tom.
    I went underground

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

Thank you.
      One of the things I experience when building subs, is falling in love with the subject matter. Pouring over every photo, drawing, and build I can find, I begin to see the differences, how it ages, the different paint schemes, changes over time, and just how beautifully made the sub is. The Walrus really is a wonderful sub and you are right, of course she runs well, designed in the Netherlands.
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• MFR1964
        Detail Nut of the First Order
        • Sep 2010

I call that the hunt, seeking info whatever it takes, books, the web, i don't mind what it takes to build it like the Original.

Why did you build her in silence?, is there a thread anyway about this sub?

Manfred,
        I went underground

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

What I can't have my secrets? YOU THINK I NEED TO SHARE EVERYTHING?
          There will be a build. I am getting some history on the hull. It was made by Tom Anderson. He pulled several hulls for buddies and this one he had in the dusty bin (it looked like it was an original pull it had a ton of pin holes and resin drips and such. When Tom was done with his pulls, he sold his hull to Scale Shipyard.
          The WTC is a piston designed by Will Oudmayer. Click image for larger version  Name:	Will_WTC.jpg Views:	1 Size:	74.0 KB ID:	125139
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

I will need to create a new posting and stop hijacking this one.

Comment

Working...