Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

I just received my new Polk Tracker radio. Im very Happy to have found one. Tonight I will call Radio South for an update as to the repair of my broken one.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Good news. The CULPRIT of the problem with my Polk Tracker that I sent off for repair was an IC chip on the encoder board. BAD...........BAD IC CHIP!! May the fleas of a Thousand Camels infest your Armpits! THERE! I had my say! Its on the way back. Thanks to Tony at Radiosouth.

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

A little update to the last post. The radio repair was Not successful after all. I have kept the radio for a possible source for parts. So the first use of the parts came today when I pulled the 2000mah battery out of it and installed it in my other Polk Tracker in place of the Nicd 900mah. Also when I originally ordered my first one about 8 years ago I had them remove the spring tension from channel 2 and put a click..click style detent in place of it. That way the dive planes can be slowly moved until you find the sweet spot and there it will stay. If your radio is setup for spring return to center, then you have to hold it. That gets to be problematic. I prefer running hands off when possible. How about you?

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

Gentlemen, I just had quite a scare. Let me tell you of my Trials and Tribulations!

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

It started out with trying to get this Type 23 in the water this week. Using my new Polk Tracker, I was setting everything up and programming endpoints and servo directions on the various channels. I noticed that channel 1, the rudder servo, would jitter uncontrolably when I moved the stick on the transmitter. It must be those CHEAP mini servos in this thing. Thats It! Im fed up with them. Im going to change out the other two with HITEK HS-82 metal geared servos. Thatll fix it. The silicone is drying as we speak. GOTTA GET this thing in the water on Monday come Hell or High Water.
            Then I realized that, that wasnt the problem. After checking different receivers as well as different servos, I realized that the problem was in the radio itself. What to do?

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

I do have some electronic background and I do have the old Polk Tracker that doesnt work anymore as a source of parts. I pulled the back cover off and decided to pull the Pontentiometer attached to channel 1 loose and spray it down inside and out with RC Motor wash. Before I go any further.......a bit of advice. If you are going to pull the "Pot" loose and clean it, keep in mind that it sits in a cradle and had been adjusted for center at the factory. There are no marks on it to help you re-align it after you take it out. So get you a fine point sharpie or a scribe and reach in and mark a line on the shaft and a line on the case of it so you can get it back in EXACTLY the way it came out. Otherwise you will have to deal with the radio center is no longer the center it use to be with relation to your servo positions. TRUST ME ON THIS!

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

At any rate, ........moving right along here. Also, make sure you grab the right one. You say OH.....ch.1....thats on the right side......yeah......yeah..... but after you take the back of the radio off..........its now on the left side......Needless to tell you....after I put the wrong one back and grabbed the correct one I realized that one of the wires going to the back of the "pot" had come loose. So after getting that soldered back on and the "pot" washed out and back in place, my... where has the time gone. I have since tested it and am satisfied that I hit this NAIL right on its HEAD. STAY TUNED for more Thrilling Adventures

Comment

• greenman407
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

As Good as my Word. We went to Clearwater today with Cameraman in tow. It was nice to get out. I did one lap and brought it in to adjust the APC for greater sensitivity. The APC went south from there. Nothing to do but come back home. Did get one video and some stills. Ill install another APC and try to get back over here soon. Pictures to follow.

Comment

• greenman407
                    Admiral
                    • Feb 2009

A Few Pictures:
                    Last edited by greenman407; 07-25-2016, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• greenman407
                      Admiral
                      • Feb 2009

A few more of dem.

Comment

• greenman407
                        Admiral
                        • Feb 2009

and two closeups. Not bad

Comment

• greenman407
                          Admiral
                          • Feb 2009

here is a link to the video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWW8...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• trout
                            Admiral
                            • Jul 2011

Video is marked private. Cannot see it.
                            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• greenman407
                              Admiral
                              • Feb 2009

WHAT!!!??? Well lets see what I can do about that

Comment

• greenman407
                                Admiral
                                • Feb 2009

Well I hope you can see it now. It was marked "Public" But I did it again.....maybe it will take. Im not happy with the video nor the subs performance. Ill make some changes for next time.

Comment

Working...