Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

I am sorry you are going through this. If at all possible stick with it. You are in a tough situation and have financial concerns, I truly can relate to that, but I know this season will change. It is frustrating to build a sub and many challenges, but we grow with it and become better because of it. Besides, your an asset to the hobby.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Snipah
      Lieutenant
      • Jul 2012

I agree with the Troutman, How else am I going to learn what else to not cockup? :-)
      I am pretty good at the later by the way.......
      I certainly have enjoyed following your journey..

Brett
      Last edited by Snipah; 08-01-2012, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Snipah
        I agree with the Troutman, How else am I going to learn what else to not to cockup? :-)
        I am pretty good at the later by the way.......
        I certainly have enjoyed following your journey..

Brett
        Ditto to that

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Reckless
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Jan 2012

thanks guys.. while the frustration is there (if it hadn't been in the water already... I possibly would have taken a hammer to it when the drive cup thing kersploded LOL ) .. but it's more of a financial decision... my lack of time and "joys of building" had some but very little over all bearing in the decision...

as I said above... ya'll haven't got rid of me... I'll be back 'soon' just on a different sub... thinking I'll probably be more stable about the time the 1/72 skipjack is revving up and flying off the shelves ;)

Comment

• redboat219
            Admiral
            • Dec 2008

Your type 7 came with a wooden deck right, how did you seal it?
            Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• satlite440
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Jul 2012

yes do tell as i havent decided on what way to go.the photectch looks nice but after all the time i put in on the taret bots deck and wheel house.i used thompsons whater seal in a spray can.. for that deck i would want to soak it i think but would be afraid of adheasion to the deck or unforseen chemical interaction between the glue and sealer.. on my deck i glued the strips on and when i was done and it cured i did the top but i dont think that would stand up to long term use..

Comment

• Reckless
                Lieutenant Commander
                • Jan 2012

at the moment it's "sealed" with several layers of paint... it appeared to have had some sort of a sealer on it already .. but I can't be sure..

it's been in the water after and hasn't swelled and got squishy so far that I could tell... time will tell

Comment

• Reckless
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Jan 2012

so as per always ... Dave came through in spades and sent me a whole set of drive buckets

I haven't sold it yet, but I haven't touched it either awaiting the drive buckets... at this point even though I am still borderline financially ... unless the pres of local boat club comes through on his intrest (he probably will... but when) I'll continue to pick away at it ... until it's either sold, or I can actually use it again LOL

so anyways.. THANKS AGAIN DAVE!

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Reckless
                    so as per always ... Dave came through in spades and sent me a whole set of drive buckets

I haven't sold it yet, but I haven't touched it either awaiting the drive buckets... at this point even though I am still borderline financially ... unless the pres of local boat club comes through on his intrest (he probably will... but when) I'll continue to pick away at it ... until it's either sold, or I can actually use it again LOL

so anyways.. THANKS AGAIN DAVE!
                    ... and my appology for being so late with those items -- work around here has piled up. And, that's a good thing.

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Reckless
                      Lieutenant Commander
                      • Jan 2012

haven't been around in forever.... ended up trading the sub to a fellow in toronto ... if he listens to my advice he should be on here harassing you folks by the new year

I'll admit I had a tear in my eye as I packaged the sub up.... but all is never lost... at SOME point I'll come back to subs ... but for now none of my boats have been wet ..nor have I even seen the lake in about 8 months :(

for now my RC addiction is sedated with high end rock crawler/trail trucks. a good friend and I when we have a couple hours too kill grab the kids and hit a trail

I'll still be around, and I WILL have another sub to annoy Dave with during the build process .. but until then thanks everyone and have happy holidays, merry Xmas...etc ..... yes Dave even you!

Comment

• Aug 2008

you too, pal.

David
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                          Admiral
                          • Jul 2011

Reckless,
                          Take good care and look forward to hearing from you. Sorry to see you go.
                          Peace,
                          tom
                          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

Working...