atic: 1:35 Bronco XXIII with interior

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    I'm mainly occupied doing sll parts right now. Here's an example including machine telegraph, rpm meter, the steering column of the rudder including a compass daughter, the secondary switchboard, an oxygen meter, lime cartridges, and a vent valve....

Click image for larger version  Name:	XXIII-129.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.6 KB ID:	157018

On the ceiling of the control room, I've attached the feed through for the direction finder antennae and the corresponding drive. When the antennae was extended (hydraulics), a clutch cage connected to the feed through and the radio operator cold turn it using the manual drive in the radio cabin.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	XXIII-130.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.7 KB ID:	157019

Click image for larger version  Name:	XXIII-131.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.0 KB ID:	157020
    Last edited by DrSchmidt; 12-17-2021, 11:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    I'll cut out windows.....

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    Are going to display this in 1/2 the hull only or are you going with those red-edged cut out windows?

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    I'm slowly moving ahead...the pressure hull wall has been painted and weathered. On the left radio room outer wall the switch boxes for echo sounder and gyro compass have found their positions. On the top right the display device for the Atlas echo sounder, left of it the tiny adjustment box for the preamplifier. Left below the pre amplifier and right below it the switch box with the signal generation. The big block at the bottom is the switch box for the Anschütz gyro compass and the compass daughters. Cables have to be added....

Click image for larger version

Name:	XXIII-126.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	156649

Name:	XXIII-127.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	156650

All that fits quite well in the bottom assembly. The bulkhead to the torpedo room is installed and painted.The table on the back right for the gyro compass has been installed. The big tube in the front is the ventilation duct that sucks air form the radio room, the torpedo room and the battery compartment.

Name:	XXIII-128.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	156651

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied
    You made a deal with the devil. No one is that good.

Leave a comment:

• Monahan Steam Models
    replied
    Yes awesome work indeed!

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Stunning work, stunning.

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    The radio cabin is glued to the pressure hull and the remaining gaps filled with putty. I put the remaining wirng of the equipment into place an installed the speaking tube (red mouth piece).

​​

The radio cabin speaking tube and the speaking tube for the helmsman rund down from the conning tower through shut off valves (in case of a flodded conning tower).

The whole assembly fits neatly into the bottom structure of the control room...

Click image for larger version  Name:	XXIII-125.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.6 KB ID:	156091

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Still working on the raio room. All the wall-mounted equipment is glued in place. I also installed the two brass lamps that will be lighted using 1 mm x 0,5 mm LEDs. Installinge the LEDs was a bit of an Odyssee, but now it should work....I hope. Currently I'm putting the cabling in place. Once that is done, I can think about glueing the cabin to the pressure hull wall....

Name:	XXIII-116.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	155944

Name:	XXIII-117.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	155945

Name:	XXIII-118.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	155946

Name:	XXIII-119.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	155947

Name:	XXIII-120.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	155948

Name:	XXIII-121.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	155949

Name:	XXIII-122.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	155950

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Continuing work on the radio room. I added equipment on the outer wall....on the left the T3PLLä38 direction finder receiver, next to it the Radione R3 short wave receiver and to the right the fuse panel. Below the desk several power supplies and amplifier boxes. Getting full in there....

Name:	XXIII-112.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	155484

Name:	XXIII-113.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	155485

Name:	XXIII-114.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	155486

Name:	XXIII-115.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	155487

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Still working on the raio booth. Added the switch box of the underwater telegraphy...below, under the desk ist the respective filter box. Benarth the radio finder drive I added the respective power supply and the connector box. On the other side wall , beneath the desk, I added the direction box of the GHG with its han wheel.....quite pleased.

Name:	xxiii-106.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	155177

Name:	xxiii-107.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	155178

Name:	xxiii-108.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	155179Click image for larger version

Name:	xxiii-109.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	155180Click image for larger version

Name:	xxiii-110.jpg
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	155181Click image for larger version

Name:	xxiii-111.jpg
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	155182

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Excellent....

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by DrSchmidt
    Now seeing these photos again: Did you leave out the anchor well?
    No, sir. That anchor well part slipped right in there perfectly. I have yet to correct my big mistake of not angeling the deployed bow planes, but that fix is planned before I start with the painting.

David

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Now seeing these photos again: Did you leave out the anchor well?

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied
    That is sweet. Great job on the side vents.

Leave a comment:

Working...