atic: 1:35 Bronco XXIII with interior

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redboat219
    replied
    Definitely need some crew members to show how cramped it was inside.

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Thanks, I also think that the lights really make a big difference.

Leave a comment:

• neitosub
    replied
    Superb! The lighting makes me feel like walking through a museum exhibit!

Nate

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    For those who are on Instagram - the current status with lights on: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CguiH..._web_copy_link

Leave a comment:

• goshawk823
    replied
    Originally posted by DrSchmidt
    Worked a bit more on the details of the torpedo tubes. I installed the depth setting gears (blue arrow, port one is hidden). The running depth of the torpedos was set manually. Via a plate one could drive a shaft into the respective socket in the torpedo and then, via a hand crank, one could set the running depth. The gyro angle for the torpedos was set via gears (yellow arrows) and shafts via a hand crank below the gyro angle receiver (green arrow). The shooting solution was calcuulated using a "Torpedovorhalterechner" (torpedo data computer, red arrow). I also added the "Ausgleicharmaturen" (torpedo control panels, pink arrow), that were used to flood and vent the tubes. Via a angled adapter plate they were directly screwed onto the firing valves. The firing vales sat directly on the compressed air bottles. As a neat detail I added the hand crank, used to operate the muzzle doors and torpedo hatches, to the starboard torpedo hatch.

Click image for larger version Name:	XXIII-234.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	68.3 KB ID:	163116

Click image for larger version Name:	XXIII-235.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	163117

Click image for larger version Name:	XXIII-237.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	163119

Click image for larger version Name:	XXIII-236.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	66.8 KB ID:	163118
    the detail in this space is mind blowing. fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Worked a bit more on the details of the torpedo tubes. I installed the depth setting gears (blue arrow, port one is hidden). The running depth of the torpedos was set manually. Via a plate one could drive a shaft into the respective socket in the torpedo and then, via a hand crank, one could set the running depth. The gyro angle for the torpedos was set via gears (yellow arrows) and shafts via a hand crank below the gyro angle receiver (green arrow). The shooting solution was calcuulated using a "Torpedovorhalterechner" (torpedo data computer, red arrow). I also added the "Ausgleicharmaturen" (torpedo control panels, pink arrow), that were used to flood and vent the tubes. Via a angled adapter plate they were directly screwed onto the firing valves. The firing vales sat directly on the compressed air bottles. As a neat detail I added the hand crank, used to operate the muzzle doors and torpedo hatches, to the starboard torpedo hatch.

Click image for larger version  Name:	XXIII-234.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	68.3 KB ID:	163116

Click image for larger version  Name:	XXIII-235.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	163117

Click image for larger version  Name:	XXIII-237.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	163119

Click image for larger version  Name:	XXIII-236.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	66.8 KB ID:	163118
    Last edited by DrSchmidt; 07-23-2022, 03:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    The interior will go into a 1:35 Bronco XXIII kit

Leave a comment:

• SSBN659
    replied
    Amazing work. Thanks for sharing it with us. I may have missed it earlier but what is the scale?

Will Rogers
    SSBN659

Leave a comment:

• SubDude
    replied
    Mind blowing detail!

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied
    That is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Worked some on the torpedo tube assembly. Between the tubes and the pressure hull wall were two compressed air bottles that contained the air used to expell the torpedos. I installed both, but as the starboard bottle would have excessively blocked the view inside the torpedo room, I depicted it hollow and cut away. Like it allot!

Click image for larger version

Name:	XXIII-229.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	162853Click image for larger version

Name:	XXIII-230.jpg
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	162854

Name:	XXIII-231.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	162855Click image for larger version

Name:	XXIII-232.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	162856

Name:	XXIII-233.jpg
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	162857

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Insane... absolutely insane! So beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Drooling like everyone else. When I see there is an update to this thread, I get excited to see what you are doing. Always impressive and fantastically detailed.

Leave a comment:

• neitosub
    replied
    Stunning build!

Leave a comment:

• goshawk823
    replied
    fantastic work on this boat. really appreciate you sharing the progress with the build.

Leave a comment:

Working...