• JHapprich
    Captain
    • Oct 2017

No need to apologize, David!

Comment

• 598602G
      Captain
      • Jan 2017

Happrich tell me your not making a Whiskey Long Bin. Can't decide what's uglier. Long Bin or a AMC Pacer

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

I had two look up the Whiskey Long Bin. It has breasts!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	wlbin02.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	135133

Side note: Bob, loving the upgraded web site!
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• 598602G
          Captain
          • Jan 2017

Breasts? LOL. Only a DBF sailor could love that boat. Not only is it ugly it's fugly.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by 598602G
            Your not a idiot Dave just a old curmudgeon like me. Do you think I should make the sail 1 mold or a split mold right/left? Sail is pretty big
            I am not an old curmudgeon …. "hey, kid! in my front yard!, I see you!, get off my ****ing lawn!!!! Ellie?, where's my Wrist-Rocket?!" … just misunderstood.

The FOXTROT sail? Yes, that thing has significant negative draft to it. build a tool that splits into left and right halves.
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by 598602G
              Happrich tell me your not making a Whiskey Long Bin. Can't decide what's uglier. Long Bin or a AMC Pacer
              LOL. LONG-BIN. A very special sort of ugly. Who christened that boat, Phillis Diller? Russian's!

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
                Captain
                • Jan 2017

I am talking about the Yankee sail. 1 mold or split? I am surprised crews on a Long Bin didn't mutiny instead of sail on it. Thing is so ugly it's momma had to tie a pork chop around it's neck just so the dog would play with it.

Comment

• JHapprich
                  Captain
                  • Oct 2017

Yes i am building a long bin. And no its not ugly. Its unique. Ladies...

Comment

• JHapprich
                    Captain
                    • Oct 2017

I mean, you hear me complaining to have chosen that ugly design-fail of a yankee-ssbn k 140( and you know why they made only one of it- YOU DO, be honest)??? No. I am talking about 'uh, that sail seems a few mm off' or 'oh, that bow needs' shaving. THOSE ARE REASONABLE COMPLAINS TO THINK OF, GENTLEMAN! so ill go now and have my lithium.afterwards ill check my workshop MAYBE and IF i find the right words to tell L-B itll need a bra...

Nothing left to say. Besides,foxtrot sounds great.Go Go Go!!!

Last edited by JHapprich; 12-03-2019, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• 598602G
                      Captain
                      • Jan 2017

Happrich we were joking around about the Long Bin. We are submariners. Don't get so uptight. Go take a lithium pill and put a bra on that boat. It could be considered indecent.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by JHapprich
                        Yes i am building a long bin. And no its not ugly. Its unique. Ladies...
                        All joking aside. I've always regarded the WHISKEY LONG-BIN as the most amazing coupling of a multi-missile launcher system to a terribly small boat pressed into the role. The organic geometry of the missile/sail fairing is amazing in itself and is the feature that most identifies these iconic boats.

Press on, sir. And If can be of any assistance, I would be delighted to contribute.

David
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Davidh
                          Captain
                          • Nov 2010

Did someone strap a

to the top of a ...

Just image the drag...

David H

Comment

• 598602G
                            Captain
                            • Jan 2017

Dave the Echo II keeps calling my name to do after the Foxtrot.

Comment

• trout
                              Admiral
                              • Jul 2011

I am serious about the foxtrot......I want one.
                              no hard feelings on the long bin whiskey, honestly, it will really stand out pond side and no one will have another like it (unless they are in disguise LOL)
                              All kidding aside, I want to see it being built. Please post updates!
                              If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• 598602G
                                Captain
                                • Jan 2017

You want to see the Foxtrot build or the Long Bin? I am confused.

Comment

Working...