Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and expectations

Hello, and welcome to the forums at the Nautilus Drydocks, formerly Sub-driver.com!

We welcome anyone with a passion for submarines and a desire to learn and share knowledge about this fascinating hobby. Use of these forums indicates your intention to abide by our code of conduct:


1. No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites will be deleted immediately.

2. Please post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.

3. Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after or without a warning.

4. No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior is grounds for deletion from the forums.

5. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted.

6. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
See more
See less

Next mold dilema.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Almost done with Yankee sail. Camera just doesn't pick up all the detail I have in sail.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by 598602G View Post
      Almost done with Yankee sail. Camera just doesn't pick up all the detail I have in sail.
      Well … all right, then! Hope the root of my sail-planes match, Tim.



      David
      "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

      Comment


      • We have the same plans so I yes.

        Comment


        • Started the scribe work on the Yankee. The surface coat of the epoxy and fiberglass powder is so hard I can barely scribe it with my scribe/jewelers file. Hopefully will have the Yankee hull scribe work done this week.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 598602G View Post
            Started the scribe work on the Yankee. The surface coat of the epoxy and fiberglass powder is so hard I can barely scribe it with my scribe/jewelers file. Hopefully will have the Yankee hull scribe work done this week.
            Looking good, Tim!

            David
            "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

            Comment


            • Dave you get box with Foxtrot stuff in it? I should know better then to make boomers. Missiles doors are a pain. I will stick with SSGN's. Charlie II hull is almost all shaped. It is only 6" shorter then the Yankee.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by 598602G View Post
                Dave you get box with Foxtrot stuff in it? I should know better then to make boomers. Missiles doors are a pain. I will stick with SSGN's. Charlie II hull is almost all shaped. It is only 6" shorter then the Yankee.
                Got the box, have not opened it yet. Tonight, Tim.

                David
                "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

                Comment


                • Finally stupid Yankee missile hatches done. If I do one more boomer I will put a 357 Magnum to my head for a self made lobotomy.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 598602G View Post
                    Finally stupid Yankee missile hatches done. If I do one more boomer I will put a 357 Magnum to my head for a self made lobotomy.
                    Good, clean job of it. Ain't scribing fun!!….

                    Put the gun down, step away from the table, and no one gets hurt!

                    David
                    "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

                    Comment


                    • Would rather die of lead poisoning then scribe. Go ahead make my day.

                      Comment


                      • I am going to have to pass off the Yankee II to Dave. Just don't have the time anymore for all the builds. Only molds I have time for is the 1/72 Charlie II and the 1/72 688. The 688 is the fist to be molded next week.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X