Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next mold dilema.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Next mold dilema.

    Finishing up a scratch built jet. Getting ready to scratch build and make molds for kits. 4 boats to choose from. All will be 1/72. So it is between a 688, Foxtrot, Echo II and a Charlie II. I know what you want me to do next Dave but need the info for the guy that did the PE deck for the Foxtrot. So let's hear what y'all think

  • #2
    Originally posted by 598602G View Post
    Finishing up a scratch built jet. Getting ready to scratch build and make molds for kits. 4 boats to choose from. All will be 1/72. So it is between a 688, Foxtrot, Echo II and a Charlie II. I know what you want me to do next Dave but need the info for the guy that did the PE deck for the Foxtrot. So let's hear what y'all think
    Thanks for the reminder, Tim. I'll get on that PE source for you.

    For those not in the 'know': Tim is an excellent model-maker and is responsible for some very nice 1/72 r/c submarine hull kits. I have his 1/72 VICTOR-3 hull and it's a beaut! So, you all be a dear and send in your feedback to Tim right away...

    … Or suffer my wrath!!!

    Talent -- particularly talent that caters to our arena of interest -- is like genitalia: use it, or loose it!

    David
    Who is John Galt?

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Dave. Your OK for a DBF guy. Cold war nukes rule. Have to buy some resin and cloth so I can finish my 1/72 Yakee II. I can make the molds for that but don't know if anyone would be interested in kits for that huge beast. Was going to just do a one off scratch on the Yankee.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 598602G View Post
        Thanks Dave. Your OK for a DBF guy. Cold war nukes rule. Have to buy some resin and cloth so I can finish my 1/72 Yakee II. I can make the molds for that but don't know if anyone would be interested in kits for that huge beast. Was going to just do a one off scratch on the Yankee.
        Big and black, and never come back.

        Nukes suck! Crewed by pampered, over-fed, over-trained, over-paid technical nerds!



        Zummi-powered anything is simply toying with the Black-Arts and no good will come of it, mark my words!

        Anything but a YANKEE KNOTCH would blow up my skirt. Would make a great stable-mate for my WEBSTER. Can't say what the other bums around here think. Speak up, gang!

        DBFMF!

        David

        Who is John Galt?

        Comment


        • #5
          I would have to be a retard skimmer to do a knotch or sidecar Yankee. Yankee II all the way. Settled I am going to do the molds for the Yankee II first. Hull and sail plug already done. All I have to do is to start glassing the hull and sail plug. I figure why waste the plug for just one Yankee.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yankee II is 72" long with a 7" beam. What a hog.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 598602G View Post
              I would have to be a retard skimmer to do a knotch or sidecar Yankee. Yankee II all the way. Settled I am going to do the molds for the Yankee II first. Hull and sail plug already done. All I have to do is to start glassing the hull and sail plug. I figure why waste the plug for just one Yankee.
              I wanna play … I wanna play! What can I kick in on this project? Propellers, masts, appendages, the usual crap?

              David
              Who is John Galt?

              Comment


              • #8
                Didn't I send you the Yankee II plans I got from Boris? Maybe have you do the masts and props.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 598602G View Post
                  Didn't I send you the Yankee II plans I got from Boris? Maybe have you do the masts and props.
                  Let me check my downloads. If I'm doing the props, it would be a good idea if I did the horizontal stabilizers they hang off of as well. I'll get back to you.

                  David
                  Who is John Galt?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I am pretty sure I sent you the file. File name is 667A Ver 10. File is in 1/144 scale so all you have to do is enlarge it 200%.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Cool Yankee I & II Russian video. Stupid Russian music will drive you nuts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qbl6pPcvN8

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Fond memories or just plain hack you off? https://www.subpirates.com/showthrea...ct-641-Foxtrot

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 598602G View Post
                          I am pretty sure I sent you the file. File name is 667A Ver 10. File is in 1/144 scale so all you have to do is enlarge it 200%.
                          Found that file, but for some reason I can't open it. Another format maybe, Tim?

                          David
                          Who is John Galt?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Dave I will resend the file to your email.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 598602G View Post
                              Dave I will resend the file to your email.
                              Thanks, Tim.

                              David
                              Who is John Galt?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X