Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 598602G
    Captain
    • Jan 2017

So we rank as a third world toilet as those other two countries?

Comment

• bwi 971
      Captain
      • Jan 2015

This isn’t the place to ask closed-ended questions........I hope you didn’t miss a flood hole.........after a lobotomy people often start using the Metric system (yes, I can put myself into perspective).

Seriously that submarine looks great.......it will turn heads @ the pond for sure.

Grtz,
      Bart

Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
      "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• 598602G
        Captain
        • Jan 2017

Thanks for the comments. All the boats and molds I made I try to be as accurate as I can. You guys need to support Don and buy his kits as it is going to be awhile until I take on anymore boat molds.

Comment

• HardRock
          Vice Admiral
          • Mar 2013

Frontal lobotomy? I'd rather have a bottle in front of me!

Comment

• 598602G
            Captain
            • Jan 2017

Pass that bottle to me

Comment

• 598602G
              Captain
              • Jan 2017

Starting to look like a Golf II. I think it is a Golf II. Could be a 57 Chevy. The Thorazine I took is kicking in.

Comment

• george
                Captain
                • Dec 2010

Hi Tim
                As usual your hull work is Incredible and the bloody Vent Holes WOW! Great detail on your hulls as usual.
                George

Comment

• 598602G
                  Captain
                  • Jan 2017

Thanks George. You're OK for a canuck. I don't care for your PM tho.

Comment

• 598602G
                    Captain
                    • Jan 2017

Pics of the stern done

Comment

• type7
                      Lieutenant Commander
                      • Apr 2009

Nice, easy access to the linkage. Much better than the Delta!

Comment

• 598602G
                        Captain
                        • Jan 2017

Is that you Bob? It would have been impossible to try to install all the hardware in the stern If I didn't cut the access hatch. Even shows on the drawings a access hatch. Have to go to auto parts store today to buy some paint. Just got done installing stainless steel mesh on the lower flood hulls. Giving the Golf those added details like I did for the Alfa.

Comment

• type7
                          Lieutenant Commander
                          • Apr 2009

Hi Tim,
                          Yes, it's me. The Delta was a challenge to get to, I didn't connect up the top rudder but don't think it will effect the turn radius too much. I use this primer and it is available in medium grey and an almost black grey. Sands easier and is cheaper than Rustoleum, might even be made by them as well. Autozone, Menards should have it. The dark primer looks weathered when it has been in the water a few times and is easy to touch up. Touch 'n Tone Flat Gray All-Purpose Primer Spray - 10 oz

Model Number: 55279830 | Variation: Gray

Comment

• 598602G
                            Captain
                            • Jan 2017

Bob I found some good Duplicolor and Kroylon automotive primer. It is sandable. Sail pic color doesn't seem to come out with my camera but it is a dark grey. Once I get it all painted you will see it is the same color scheme as the pic I sent you. Here in this messed up state it is hard to find decent paint because of the liberals and all their cancer causing don't sell it here attitude. That is why I am fleeing back to Dallas. Here is the mesh I told you about. Stainless steel photo etched stuff. I buy it on feebay.

Comment

• 598602G
                              Captain
                              • Jan 2017

These pics show the dark grey better. All the access panels and stuff like the torpedo tube doors I used .005 sheet brass to bring them out. Notice the over sized rudder. Gold should turn as good as the Alfa?

Comment

• 598602G
                                Captain
                                • Jan 2017

Almost done. Paint the waterline and sonar panels on the bow. Install the bow and stern hand rails and done.

Comment

Working...