Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by type7
    Measured the Golf II. Total hull weigt is 68.4 oz. The removable upper center section with conning tower is 14.1 oz. My best guess is that this weight needs to be doubled to calculate the water needed for displacement, or 28.2 oz of water minimum. I calculate a 2.5" water cylinder would need to be 9.9" long or about the same as the Gato sub-driver. A 3" cylinder needs to be 6.9" long. This might be minimal and a little extra volume would not hurt
    I was thinking a GATO SD with FOXTROT motor-bulkhead as well. Can do.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• type7
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Apr 2009

Dave,
      I have started working on the 3 motor sub-driver. Should I use a Mtronics Sub 10 esc (large one, not the micro one) or does it need the 15 to power the 3 motors? Thinking of using a 10A mission switch as well.
      Thanks,

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by type7
        Dave,
        I have started working on the 3 motor sub-driver. Should I use a Mtronics Sub 10 esc (large one, not the micro one) or does it need the 15 to power the 3 motors? Thinking of using a 10A mission switch as well.
        Thanks,
        Yeah, that's plenty of speed controller. Way more capacity than the three motors -- stalled -- can pull. And you got the room for the big toggle, so, yeah, use that.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
          Captain
          • Jan 2017

Mr Scott you going to beam up this Delta III to the down under Enterprise? Don't think the Delta has photon torpedoes tho.

Comment

• HardRock
            Vice Admiral
            • Mar 2013

Photon torpedoes not required!

Comment

Working...