• HardRock
    Vice Admiral
    • Mar 2013

PS: I'd LOVE a Typhoon!

Comment

• Tirfing
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Jan 2017

Hi, I have also tried to get in Contact with Don without being able to reach him despite using his e-mail at Loyalhanna and leaving phone messages (they do not answer). However maybe their flu is worse than mine. They probably return soon (i hope).

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by 598602G
        Dave I would welcome your help. Let me finish the Golf and the Thresher I am working on first. Send me an email at timcobb55@yahoo.com and I will send the file i have with all the drawings. Get a couple of ex bubble heads together on a boat build would be interesting.
        Delighted. E-mail on its way.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Albion
          Captain
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

What was I thinking? ... yes, VICTOR-3 (with the pod).

Can I help with the project?

David
          Woohoo victor 3 with pod, it's the akulas ginger step child
          Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• 598602G
            Captain
            • Jan 2017

Guys I have given Don email addresses to all you guys that inquired about a kit several times. Today I will email him and tear him a new one. I have to look for his phone number. He said I could post his number so let me exercise my coffee index finger just like the master chief's us to and I will see what I can do on that number. Dave I am gong to make a run to Staples and enlarge the Victor drawings

Comment

• Aug 2008

Guys I have given Don email addresses to all you guys that inquired about a kit several times. Today I will email him and tear him a new one. I have to look for his phone number. He said I could post his number so let me exercise my coffee index finger just like the master chief's us to and I will see what I can do on that number. Dave I am gong to make a run to Staples and enlarge the Victor drawings
              Excellent. Give me the hub diameter on that beast (to 1/72) and I'll get started on the tandem screws. By the by, I've completed a S5W type propeller to 1/72nd scale and am 80% done with a 1/72 THRESHER/PERMIT (original, small) sail. Would either/both be useful to you as tooling? Knowing you're working on a 1/72 THRESHER/PERMIT kit.

David
              Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 02-11-2017, 11:13 AM.
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
                Captain
                • Jan 2017

Dave send me an email I will send the Victor file. Yes the Thresher screw would be useful. I actually have a white metal cast 5 blade screw that came with the Combat Models vacuu formed kit I have. I will take a pic of it soon and post it.

Comment

• 598602G
                  Captain
                  • Jan 2017

Here are the pics of the screw. If it is useful to you let me know and I can mail it to you. And for all the guys who didn't serve on nuke boats a S5W is a nuke reactor. It stands for Submarine, fifth generation, Westinghouse. Here is a pic also of a brushless counter rotating motor that would be perfect for Victor.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Not counter-rotating. Two identical wheels on the same shaft, turning the same direction. Combat Models. John Rucks? No thanks, his work was terrible.

Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 02-11-2017, 04:01 PM.
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Dave send me an email I will send the Victor file. Yes the Thresher screw would be useful. I actually have a white metal cast 5 blade screw that came with the Combat Models vacuu formed kit I have. I will take a pic of it soon and post it.
                      I'll need your mailing address.

David
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
                        Captain
                        • Jan 2017

Actually I built one of the Alfa hulls and the guy used Deep Sea Designs plans. I laid the hull on the plans and it was dead on. The rest of the parts like sail, stern planes and rudders were off so I made new ones. My email is timcobb55@yahoo.com

Comment

• 598602G
                          Captain
                          • Jan 2017

Dace check my math on the Victor III length in 1/72 scale. Published info says Victor III is 334.8' long. At 1/72 I come up with 55.8" long.

Comment

• 598602G
                            Captain
                            • Jan 2017

Dave here is my mailing address
                            Tim Cobb
                            28315 E Worcester Rd
                            Sun City, CA 92586

Comment

• HardRock
                              Vice Admiral
                              • Mar 2013

Dace check my math on the Victor III length in 1/72 scale. Published info says Victor III is 334.8' long. At 1/72 I come up with 55.8" long.
                              Hello 1/96 scale!

Comment

• 598602G
                                Captain
                                • Jan 2017

Hard rock I am getting old and my hearing has been impaired by all the Led Zepplin I listened to but I think I heard you say 1/72?

Comment

Working...