Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by 598602G
    Where did you get a pic of me back in the day. I resemble the galley slave as I had to mess crank on the Lincoln so nanny nanny poo poo.
    I mess-cranked on the AKL-17 (formerly, USS NEW BEDFORD) The ship they filmed the Mr. Roberts movie on).

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
      Captain
      • Jan 2017

You mean to tell me you were a skimmer/target?

Comment

• 598602G
        Captain
        • Jan 2017

No skimmer here. Pure 100% bubble head. I got my fins tacked on.

Comment

• Aug 2008

You mean to tell me you were a skimmer/target?
          Out of Torpedoman A-school I went to the Keyport torpedo station where I was put one of the firing craft that proofed torpedoes for the American and Canadian navies. Did a tour on the sub-tender GILMORE out of Charleston. Shortly after we got to our new home-port at Key-west I cross-decked to the TRUTTA (they asked for 'volunteers' at morning quarters, and I crossed the brow before noon).

No sub-school or any of that happy horse-****, just reported aboard the boat, only two piers down from the GILMORE. The POOW introduced my sea-daddy who slammed the qual-cards in my hands and said, 'welcome aboard, dink. Get qualified! And stop breathing my air, you ****ing hatch-plug". Chief Thompson. One of the finest men I'll ever know. Man! .... did he teach me some neat stuff.
          Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 02-15-2017, 09:56 PM.
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
            Captain
            • Jan 2017

I like skimmers. We use to screw with those douche weeds on the sub tenders all the time. I use to stand top side PO watches all the time with my trusty 45 strapped to my hip. One time these skimmers from a sub tender were driving around in circles real close to the Lincoln. Kept yelling at them to stay away more then 100 feet but they kept jacking with me. Had to pull my 45 on them and told them to leave. They proceeded to go park their 50' utility boat and go grab there LTJG OOD and and started heading for my boat. They got topside to my boat and told them to stand fast. Called my LT OOD who proceeded to tell there LTJG to pound sand because I was in my right to pull my weapon. Ha ha. This senior seaman had some pull on that boat.

Comment

• 598602G
              Captain
              • Jan 2017

Here it is half of the Golf mold done. The method I told you on how to make the sealant for the parting board works perfect. I had almost 0 bleed through of the surface coat getting past the seal. It is official this is the last submarine mold I am going to make because of the epoxy health issues with me. I will be lucky to make a couple of kits before my eyes get to swollen.

Comment

• george
                Captain
                • Dec 2010

Hello 598602G or Tim
                Your eyes gettin swollen? Too many dam russian old type subs with all those bloody vent holes! Typhoon 1/150 easier to make. Ever try using eye protection of some kind?
                George

Comment

• 598602G
                  Captain
                  • Jan 2017

George I use all the epoxy outside and use rubber gloves. Eye protection won't work because I think it is maybe small amount of fumes. Bottom dollar is I will have to quit making molds or use vinyl ester resin.

Comment

• george
                    Captain
                    • Dec 2010

OR Tim
                    You remember what they told you when you were younger, a LONG TIME AGO, you`ll go blind doing that with your hand! hahaha
                    George

Comment

• 598602G
                      Captain
                      • Jan 2017

Here are the hull molds. They came out perfect. For you guys that make molds take my advice and my buddies advice and make the surface coat how I described and your molds will come out the best you will ever make them. Now all I have to do is figure out what weight cloth and materials to make the hulls out of. I already have 3 complete sails and resin parts for 3 kits. Depends on how much cloth and resin I have on how many kits I can make but looks like only 3. So if any of you wants a kit let me know. Price for each will be $450-500 plus shipping. Depends on time and materials. After I make and sell the kits that is it. I am moving back to Dallas and who knows if I will have the time to make anymore.

Comment

• george
                        Captain
                        • Dec 2010

Hi Tim

The molds look great! Smooth and ready for production. Pace yourself and take a break to get your health back.
                        George

Comment

• 598602G
                          Captain
                          • Jan 2017

George I out paced my materials for the Golf. I only had enough material to make one Golf hull. Thank god because the epoxy resin made my eyes swell so I look like I went 15 rounds with George Forman.

Comment

• 598602G
                            Captain
                            • Jan 2017

Stupid epoxy resin. Should just burn the hulls for making me ill. Wait a minute you have to be a little ill to be a ex bubble head. Paint the lower hull green?

Comment

• 598602G
                              Captain
                              • Jan 2017

How about I do this boat in 1/96 for my next boat? Will have to steer clear of epoxy.

Comment

• Aug 2008

How about I do this boat in 1/96 for my next boat? Will have to steer clear of epoxy.
                                How about a VICTOR-3?

David
                                Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...