Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 598602G
    Captain
    • Jan 2017

You have to remember this is the fourth Russian boat I have built in 2 years. I built 3 Alfa's, 2 Charlie's and one Delta. Got it down to a science in figuring out how to drll and file out those flood holes. Trick is to have a bunch of different jewelers files on hand.

Comment

• 598602G
      Captain
      • Jan 2017

Pics of the hull plug finally done. I used .010 sheet G10 for the deck plate. All scribe detail is done. Will have the parting board done this weekend so I can start molding the hull by first of next week.

Comment

• HardRock
        Vice Admiral
        • Mar 2013

You are a machine Tim - if only you would use your talents for doing good (and here I mean 1/96 scale) works. By the way I'm still looking for that Sheila for you!

Comment

• 598602G
          Captain
          • Jan 2017

Scott thanks mate. At least I made the Delta III in 1/96. How about me doing a 1/96 Typhoon? I am winding down my building after the Golf. I wouldn't worry about the Sheila as I emailed her and she didn't respond back. Think she is too busy hanging out with abo's.

Comment

• HardRock
            Vice Admiral
            • Mar 2013

All 1/96 offerings gratefully received.

Comment

• 598602G
              Captain
              • Jan 2017

To me I think the Typhoon is one fugly boat. But if people show an interest in a kit in 1/96 boat then I have the Deep Sea Designs plans for it. That boat is so ugly it's momma had to tie a pork chop around it's neck just so the dog would play with it.

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by 598602G
                Scott thanks mate. At least I made the Delta III in 1/96. How about me doing a 1/96 Typhoon? I am winding down my building after the Golf. I wouldn't worry about the Sheila as I emailed her and she didn't respond back. Think she is too busy hanging out with abo's.
                Hello, I am very interested in obtaining more info on the Charlie that you built. I think you mentioned that you sold the molds. Is there a way one could obtain a hull from the new owner of the molds?
                IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• 598602G
                  Captain
                  • Jan 2017

Too funny I use to date a Admiral's daughter in Pearl long time ago. Don Speilberger of Loyalhanna Dockyard has those molds and the 1/72 Alfa and 1/96 Delta II molds. His email is don963@aol.com. He has a Charlie kit for sale right now on RC Groups.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                    • Aug 2008

To me I think the Typhoon is one fugly boat. But if people show an interest in a kit in 1/96 boat then I have the Deep Sea Designs plans for it. That boat is so ugly it's momma had to tie a pork chop around it's neck just so the dog would play with it.
                    Now ... that's ugly. F the TYPHOON. The world needs a nice kit of a 1/96 VICTOR-2. Pure sex.

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
                      Captain
                      • Jan 2017

Dave you want butt ugly? A Whiskey Long Bin. That boat is so ugly if I had to serve on it I would join the skimmers. How about a Victor III instead of a II. I got some awesome plans for a Victor III. 1/72 only. Ask George how I feel about 1/96. Scott did Don ever get back to you about selling you a Delta III?

Comment

• 598602G
                        Captain
                        • Jan 2017

Comment

• 598602G
                          Captain
                          • Jan 2017

The Russian guy who designed this boat is still shoveling snow in a goulag.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                            • Aug 2008

Dave you want butt ugly? A Whiskey Long Bin. That boat is so ugly if I had to serve on it I would join the skimmers. How about a Victor III instead of a II. I got some awesome plans for a Victor III. 1/72 only. Ask George how I feel about 1/96. Scott did Don ever get back to you about selling you a Delta III?
                            What was I thinking? ... yes, VICTOR-3 (with the pod).

Can I help with the project?

David
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
                              Captain
                              • Jan 2017

Dave I would welcome your help. Let me finish the Golf and the Thresher I am working on first. Send me an email at timcobb55@yahoo.com and I will send the file i have with all the drawings. Get a couple of ex bubble heads together on a boat build would be interesting.

Comment

• HardRock
                                Vice Admiral
                                • Mar 2013

Nope. Nothing heard from Don inspite of several pleading emails. I'll have to tie a pork chop around my neck - hope he's not Jewish.

Comment

Working...