• 598602G
    Captain
    • Jan 2017

USS Abraham Lincoln SSB.

Comment

• 598602G
      Captain
      • Jan 2017

Half the flood holes on the sail are filed out. Give you an idea on how many flood holes are in a Golf II sail. All the flood holes are molded into the sail. That's what I call a diesel boat. DBF

Comment

• george
        Captain
        • Dec 2010

Hi T|im
        As usual your work is incredible! The detail work included by you can`t compare. Keep up the Good Work and Thanks for posting here.
        George

Comment

• 598602G
          Captain
          • Jan 2017

Is that you canuck George?

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Your work is incredible! You've Peaked my Interest. If you are looking for ideas about what to build, How about a "MIKE" class in 1/72? If that doesn't tickle your Fancy..... how about a USS Triton also in 1/72?
            IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• trout
              Admiral
              • Jul 2011

Go for something like a WWII Japanese sub in 1/72 - not many of those that are accurate and available.
              If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• george
                Captain
                • Dec 2010

Ya Tim
                That`s me from COLD Canada eh!
                George

Comment

• 598602G
                  Captain
                  • Jan 2017

Thanks for comments guys. I had to pick a subject that had to outdo my Alfa, Charlie I and the Delta III. I think the Golf II was the best subject to do that. I served on boat during the cold war so I like doing those types of boats. Your boat suggestions are cool. I should be moving back to Dallas in the spring or summer so I need to finish up the Golf soon. I have a 1/72 Thresher/Permit in the wings to build in the future. My lines on a boat after the Golf would be HEN boats. Hotel/Echo/November.

Comment

• 598602G
                    Captain
                    • Jan 2017

Hey George I heard Trump is going to deport are illegals to Canada eh. That's what I heard your buddy Anderson Cooper say on CNN. If CNN said it it must be true eh? Just kidding. When are the Hollywood elite going to move next door to you? Ha ha

Comment

• firma555
                      Lieutenant
                      • Feb 2017

Project 629 submarines (Golf I,… .Golf V) were the remade project 641 boats.
                      In them, for installation of the R-13 rockets, (surface start - Golf I), and the R-21 rockets (underwater start - Golf II) increased the lower part of the case of the boat and height of the cabin.
                      Contours of the case of the project 629 corresponded to project 641 case contours.
                      On your model case contours wrong (especially its nasal part).
                      Likely you were guided by the provided drawing. This technical documentation can't be used for construction of model, unless that the model was built by the school student.
                      I give below the theoretical drawing of the project 641 and my working drawing according to which I made the boat

Comment

• 598602G
                        Captain
                        • Jan 2017

Thanks for the info. I have those same drawings as well as 40+ drawings for the Charlie I. The problems I have run into in making Russian boats is no two are the same. Like the Charlie drawings I got from Russia no two are the same. You can look at photos and no two are the same. Take for instance the Charlie I. Russians mad a early and a late version Charlie I. Basically you have to take the info that is published and see what is consistent. Same with my Golf hull. What you is what is getting molded.

Comment

• 598602G
                          Captain
                          • Jan 2017

Perfect example of what I am talking about. 2 different drawings of a Golf II sail. Which one is right and which one is wrong?

Comment

• bwi 971
                            Captain
                            • Jan 2015

I can help you out here, your SAIL pictures are NOT from the same projects/class

The left one is from a GOLF II
                            Project 629A,

The right one is from a GOLF I
                            Project 629

To be complete, below are the variants on the same, but the difference can be easily noted, except the 629B she is a 629 and 629A lookalike.
                            You can tell the difference between the 629, 629A and 629B as you look to the missile hatches.
                            So if you are making the 629A GOLF II make the sail as the left picture and you will be alright.

Project 629B
                            Project 601
                            Project 605
                            Project 619
                            Project 629R

Grtz,
                            Bart

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-02-03 22_22_59-Ballistic missile submarines - Project 629.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	119476
                            Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
                            "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• 598602G
                              Captain
                              • Jan 2017

The one I am doing is on the left Golf II. Here are the pics of the other side of the sail done. Shown is the resin cast mast shroud and navigation lights. Those are in the kit. Just started the hand rails.

Comment

• 598602G
                                Captain
                                • Jan 2017

Bottom had railing done. Tomorrow bridge railing and mast shroud railing

Comment

Working...