X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by 598602G
    The lesser of two evils. I400 vs Victor III
    Though I've had yellow-fever since Pearl, I still prefer the boats built by round-eyes.

David

Leave a comment:

replied
    Dave I thought you were a DBF guy?
    In my heart, but there's nothing sexier looking than the HEN's and second-generation Soviet attack boats.

David

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Too funny

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    The lesser of two evils. I400 vs Victor III

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Dave I thought you were a DBF guy?

Leave a comment:

replied
    How about I do this boat in 1/96 for my next boat? Will have to steer clear of epoxy.
    How about a VICTOR-3?

David

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    How about I do this boat in 1/96 for my next boat? Will have to steer clear of epoxy.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Stupid epoxy resin. Should just burn the hulls for making me ill. Wait a minute you have to be a little ill to be a ex bubble head. Paint the lower hull green?

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    George I out paced my materials for the Golf. I only had enough material to make one Golf hull. Thank god because the epoxy resin made my eyes swell so I look like I went 15 rounds with George Forman.

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied
    Hi Tim

The molds look great! Smooth and ready for production. Pace yourself and take a break to get your health back.
    George

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Here are the hull molds. They came out perfect. For you guys that make molds take my advice and my buddies advice and make the surface coat how I described and your molds will come out the best you will ever make them. Now all I have to do is figure out what weight cloth and materials to make the hulls out of. I already have 3 complete sails and resin parts for 3 kits. Depends on how much cloth and resin I have on how many kits I can make but looks like only 3. So if any of you wants a kit let me know. Price for each will be $450-500 plus shipping. Depends on time and materials. After I make and sell the kits that is it. I am moving back to Dallas and who knows if I will have the time to make anymore.

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied
    OR Tim
    You remember what they told you when you were younger, a LONG TIME AGO, you`ll go blind doing that with your hand! hahaha
    George

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    George I use all the epoxy outside and use rubber gloves. Eye protection won't work because I think it is maybe small amount of fumes. Bottom dollar is I will have to quit making molds or use vinyl ester resin.

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied
    Hello 598602G or Tim
    Your eyes gettin swollen? Too many dam russian old type subs with all those bloody vent holes! Typhoon 1/150 easier to make. Ever try using eye protection of some kind?
    George

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Here it is half of the Golf mold done. The method I told you on how to make the sealant for the parting board works perfect. I had almost 0 bleed through of the surface coat getting past the seal. It is official this is the last submarine mold I am going to make because of the epoxy health issues with me. I will be lucky to make a couple of kits before my eyes get to swollen.

Leave a comment:

Working...