Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HardRock
    replied
    Originally posted by 598602G
    Hard rock I am getting old and my hearing has been impaired by all the Led Zepplin I listened to but I think I heard you say 1/72?
    And a LARGE packing crate to put it into!

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Hardrock here is a pic of my 1/72 Charlie I with a 1/96 Victor III on it.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Greenman here is the link to the Charlie on RCG. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...sin-appendages

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Too funny I use to date a Admiral's daughter in Pearl long time ago. Don Speilberger of Loyalhanna Dockyard has those molds and the 1/72 Alfa and 1/96 Delta II molds. His email is don963@aol.com. He has a Charlie kit for sale right now on RC Groups.
    Hate to be a PAIN in the ..........backside but I cant find it. Not in the boat section and not under submarines. As far as Loyalhanna is concerned I cant ever get thru to the guy...................but Ill try.........again.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Robert Plant rocks. Victor III patch

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Hard rock I am getting old and my hearing has been impaired by all the Led Zepplin I listened to but I think I heard you say 1/72?

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Dace check my math on the Victor III length in 1/72 scale. Published info says Victor III is 334.8' long. At 1/72 I come up with 55.8" long.
    Hello 1/96 scale!

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Dave here is my mailing address
    Tim Cobb
    28315 E Worcester Rd
    Sun City, CA 92586

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Dace check my math on the Victor III length in 1/72 scale. Published info says Victor III is 334.8' long. At 1/72 I come up with 55.8" long.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Actually I built one of the Alfa hulls and the guy used Deep Sea Designs plans. I laid the hull on the plans and it was dead on. The rest of the parts like sail, stern planes and rudders were off so I made new ones. My email is timcobb55@yahoo.com

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Dave send me an email I will send the Victor file. Yes the Thresher screw would be useful. I actually have a white metal cast 5 blade screw that came with the Combat Models vacuu formed kit I have. I will take a pic of it soon and post it.
    I'll need your mailing address.

David

Leave a comment:

replied

Not counter-rotating. Two identical wheels on the same shaft, turning the same direction. Combat Models. John Rucks? No thanks, his work was terrible.

Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 02-11-2017, 04:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Here are the pics of the screw. If it is useful to you let me know and I can mail it to you. And for all the guys who didn't serve on nuke boats a S5W is a nuke reactor. It stands for Submarine, fifth generation, Westinghouse. Here is a pic also of a brushless counter rotating motor that would be perfect for Victor.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Dave send me an email I will send the Victor file. Yes the Thresher screw would be useful. I actually have a white metal cast 5 blade screw that came with the Combat Models vacuu formed kit I have. I will take a pic of it soon and post it.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Guys I have given Don email addresses to all you guys that inquired about a kit several times. Today I will email him and tear him a new one. I have to look for his phone number. He said I could post his number so let me exercise my coffee index finger just like the master chief's us to and I will see what I can do on that number. Dave I am gong to make a run to Staples and enlarge the Victor drawings
    Excellent. Give me the hub diameter on that beast (to 1/72) and I'll get started on the tandem screws. By the by, I've completed a S5W type propeller to 1/72nd scale and am 80% done with a 1/72 THRESHER/PERMIT (original, small) sail. Would either/both be useful to you as tooling? Knowing you're working on a 1/72 THRESHER/PERMIT kit.

David
    Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 02-11-2017, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...