replied
    We scewedup?

Smallest measurement is you have 1 THOU,
    1000 thou is 1 inch,
    12 inches is 1 foot,
    3 feet is 1 yard,

And then the almost forgotten CHAIN, 22 yards is 1 chain,
    Oh, wait we have also a FURLONG, 10 chains is 1 furlong,

Then we come back to “normal”, 10 furlongs makes 1 mile (a land mile that is, sea miles are a different story).

Than it starts to get awkward again we arrive to the LEAGUE, 3miles is 1 league

It is very consistent as you can see it uses……it uses….hell I don’t know, it uses all kind of stuff to count the order of magnitude.
    It even uses 10 to go from furlongs to chains, that is easy isn’t it, you’re on the right track keep it up

Medicine is already turned around to the metric system, and for conversions from metric to the imperial system doctors are using fruit, ok that makes sence.

Grtz,
    Bart

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by bwi 971
    Damn……Here we go again 3/32....you guys have to implement the metric system.
    Everybody over here (in the rest of the world LOL) in possession of an SD will have separate boxes with imperial stuff to keep her running.
    Next time somethings comes up the SD will be converted to the metric system for sure.

Grtz,
    Bart

We Imperial users can't help it if the rest of the world is screwed up.

David

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by 598602G
    Scott Don said anyone that is interested in any of his kits to send me a message and I will give you his personal phone number. Dave thanks for your help. I should have the Golf done next week. You will like how it turns out. All the flood holes in the sail and hull will be molded into the kit parts so it will be easy to drill and file those out so you won't have to lay out those flood holes out yourself. Also the shaft stuffing tube is cast into the stern planes. I also resin cast all the 3/32 brass torque rods into the bow planes,stern planes and rudder. Easy peezy
    Let make a deal: dmeriman@aol.com

David

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    Damn……Here we go again 3/32....you guys have to implement the metric system.
    Everybody over here (in the rest of the world LOL) in possession of an SD will have separate boxes with imperial stuff to keep her running.
    Next time somethings comes up the SD will be converted to the metric system for sure.

Grtz,
    Bart

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Scott Don said anyone that is interested in any of his kits to send me a message and I will give you his personal phone number. Dave thanks for your help. I should have the Golf done next week. You will like how it turns out. All the flood holes in the sail and hull will be molded into the kit parts so it will be easy to drill and file those out so you won't have to lay out those flood holes out yourself. Also the shaft stuffing tube is cast into the stern planes. I also resin cast all the 3/32 brass torque rods into the bow planes,stern planes and rudder. Easy peezy

Leave a comment:

replied
    You just don't want to get hit in the head with that monkey fist. Official on the Golf II molds. Don Spielberger of Loyalhanna Dockyard will be the new owner of the molds. I made 3 sails already joined together. I made 3 complete sets of appendages with all the resin cast mast and mast tubing parts. I am going to send those along with the molds so all Don has to do is make 3 hulls so he should be able to have some kits quickly. Dave if you still have the WTC end cap molds and such for the 1/72 Foxtrot I would dust those of so maybe you could offer those parts for the Golf. I am not going to completely get out of subs just need to take a break so I can move back to Dallas then when I get situated I can pick back up
    Take care of yourself first.

I have several completed motor bulkheads for the FOXTROT/GOLF if and when anyone wants one. E-mail me if you need one, Tim. I'll fix you up.

David

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Hummmmm. Do you have a reliable way of contacting Don (other than getting on a plane and then driving to his house, I mean)?

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    You just don't want to get hit in the head with that monkey fist. Official on the Golf II molds. Don Spielberger of Loyalhanna Dockyard will be the new owner of the molds. I made 3 sails already joined together. I made 3 complete sets of appendages with all the resin cast mast and mast tubing parts. I am going to send those along with the molds so all Don has to do is make 3 hulls so he should be able to have some kits quickly. Dave if you still have the WTC end cap molds and such for the 1/72 Foxtrot I would dust those of so maybe you could offer those parts for the Golf. I am not going to completely get out of subs just need to take a break so I can move back to Dallas then when I get situated I can pick back up

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Your a Commander and you don't know? Rope is called a hauser. What what is the name of the rope with the know tied on the end of it that a seaman throws to the pier so the guys on the pier
    The knot is called a monkey's fist - which makes the guy throwing it a monkey fister, and the guy catching it is a..... no wait, that can't be right. Forget that I spoke.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Put some pants on those white legs just made me go blind. Too bad that Foxtrot deal went south. That would have been a nice kit.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Dave didn't sub driver sell a WTC with the end cap for a 3 motor arrangement for a certain 1/72 Foxtrot that will go unnamed?
    Sure did, it was for the defunct 1/72 FOXTROT.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    I think I heaved once or twice. Whoops wrong heaving.

Leave a comment:

replied
    OK what does the pic refer to then?
    Heaving lines. In the hands of a good seaman, capable of punching out the window of the XO' windshield as we put over #1 line. A ten-ounce slug of lead in the wrap insures maximum damage.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Dave didn't sub driver sell a WTC with the end cap for a 3 motor arrangement for a certain 1/72 Foxtrot that will go unnamed?

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    OK what does the pic refer to then?

Leave a comment:

Working...