New 1/72 Golf II kit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 598602G
    replied
    Here is the surface coat. You guys want the most inexpensive most bullet proof surface coat here is how you make it. I good friend of mine who has been a mold maker for years told me how to make it. I used this method on the sail molds. You use 4 pumps of West epoxy and 4 pumps of 206 hardener. You mix 2 1/12 oz of milled fiberglass powder and 2 1/2 oz of 225 mesh aluminum powder. Brush it on and you will have the most bullet proof molds. Picks up every last detail from your plugs. Link to the powder I provided. The 225 mesh aluminum powder you also buy it off ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/331671212598...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    David,
    The bottom of this image of the blade setup is cut off. Is the R1 to the left and continuing to R5 or visa-versa?
    Thank you for this!
    Peace,
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Thanks Dave. You can steal that seal idea. My old rc airplane mold making buddies loved my parting board sealant trick also. They use to mix bondo and shove it down into the seal but my idea is so much easier. Also when you shoot my sealant into the board it fills in the all the contours of the plug you won't have hardly any surface coat bleed through.

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Love your parting-board sealing trick. I'm stealing that!

1/72 cast white-metal S5W propellers and 1/96 VICTORE-3 propeller drawing went out via USPS yesterday.

David

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Here it is the parting board with the hull plug in it. I make my parting boards using the chalk board material you buy at Home Depot. It is a little over 1/8" thick and is like MDF board. I laminate two together for strength. I also screw on two 1/2" U channel aluminum length wise on the top and bottom of the back side of the parting board so board is arrow straight. For the seal I place the hull plug into the board and put masking tape all the way around the plug and board sealing it so no sealant gets past. I turn the board upside down then I mix West epoxy and milled fiberglass powder to where it is like syrup. I load that into a 2 ounce syringe then I shoot the mixture into where I am making the seal. Let it dry over night the pull the masking tape and pull the plug out of the parting board. Sand the excess sealant flat to surface of the parting board. Then you have a perfect seal around the plug and board and the seal is bullet proof and will not chip or crack. Not bad for a old rc airplane dude huh?

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Hurray!!!!

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Trout I will see if I can make it. Yorba Linda isn't too far from me. I have to take care of my 91 year old mom so sometimes tough to get away. I decided I will do the Victor III in 1/96 first after I finish the Golf. Decided I will shape the hull and sail plugs out of solid balsa block sections to make it easier.

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Tim, we do a sub run at Yorba Linda park every other month, the next one is March 25th (or whatever that Saturday is). You should join us!

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Here is a link to what the Charlie looks like finished from the molds. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1-72-Charlie-I

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    I don't know where Don came up with his figures but the Charlie is 52" long with a 5 1/2" beam. The Black Hole is Don from Bergen, NY. He must have it slightly confused with the 1/96 Delta III which is 64" long.

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Originally posted by 598602G
    Greenman here is the link to the Charlie on RCG. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...sin-appendages
    Thanks very much. Im trying to make heads or tails of it. "The Black Hole" says that the hull is 61.5" long with a 5" beam. "Totenkopf", which I suspect is you, says that it is 52" long with a 5&1/2" beam. Which is correct? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Any of you guys into Russian Modern Warships aka; skimmers? Got 4 or 5 pages of super detailed plans I got from Don for a Krivak Frigate. 1/100 scale. Gag barf. Got enough foam to make a hull plug and a mold. Just the ticket for your skimmer buddies to try to hunt down your 1/96 boat. What sayest thou?

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Don Lemon is a ******. Ok mate since I made the Delta III in 1/96 I will do you and Georgie Porgie the canuck a solid. If I decide to scratch out a Victor III I will do a 1/72 and 1/96 so you two won't sick your PM's on me.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Shenanigans? Don Lemon on CNN told me the Victor III model on the Charlie was 1/96. The Clinton News Network wouldn't lie would they? What is a meter? I have a gas meter out back the house is that the same? You Aussie's need to put the Foster tube down mate.

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Originally posted by 598602G
    Hardrock here is a pic of my 1/72 Charlie I with a 1/96 Victor III on it.
    I'm calling shenanigans Tim. Charlie I is 95 metres and Victor III is 102 meters. Unless that Victor has been on the set of "Honey I shrank the Kids" it can't be 1/96 scale.

Leave a comment:

Working...