• Show
Clear All

• HardRock
    replied
    All 1/96 offerings gratefully received.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Scott thanks mate. At least I made the Delta III in 1/96. How about me doing a 1/96 Typhoon? I am winding down my building after the Golf. I wouldn't worry about the Sheila as I emailed her and she didn't respond back. Think she is too busy hanging out with abo's.

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    You are a machine Tim - if only you would use your talents for doing good (and here I mean 1/96 scale) works. By the way I'm still looking for that Sheila for you!

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Pics of the hull plug finally done. I used .010 sheet G10 for the deck plate. All scribe detail is done. Will have the parting board done this weekend so I can start molding the hull by first of next week.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    You have to remember this is the fourth Russian boat I have built in 2 years. I built 3 Alfa's, 2 Charlie's and one Delta. Got it down to a science in figuring out how to drll and file out those flood holes. Trick is to have a bunch of different jewelers files on hand.

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    I have 8 of something like 26 flood holes cut out. Those eight have taken me a week to do. In the same time you have built a complete sail! Oh how I am jealous of your abilities! I am so enjoying the building I am seeing here as well as our Aussie friends.

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Masts installed. Hope they are right. Now I just have to make a mold for the resin cast sail splash deflector and glue it on. Only thing left is scribe the rest of the detail in the hull then make the hull molds.

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    A gift from those MIB in front.

It's a model in the Central Naval Museum in St Petersburg.......need to visit the place so I can drool all over.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scott (2).jpg
Views:	117
Size:	309.8 KB
ID:	119553

Name:	Scott (4).jpg
Views:	119
Size:	548.4 KB
ID:	119557

Name:	Scott (1).jpg
Views:	79
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	119555

Name:	Scott (5).jpg
Views:	83
Size:	487.2 KB
ID:	119554

Name:	Scott (3).jpg
Views:	104
Size:	511.4 KB
ID:	119556

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Where did that first photograph come from Bart? Looks like a serious model.

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    Hi Tim, that is superb man.

I'm not here to be a pain in the ass (I'm just a SOB that wants to share information) but I thing she will even come more to life if you open up those recesses of the missile hatches.
    They are ellipse shaped and on the real sub is just an opening in the outer hull, maybe you can make a tween deck underneath.

To add the hinges on PS will be also adding detail.

Just suggestions man no criticism, the sail is already wonderful as it is.

Please see pictures below maybe they can clarify what I mean (the first picture is overkill but it gives a clear view on what is going on)

Grtz,
    Bart

Name:	Tim (4).jpg
Views:	110
Size:	371.9 KB
ID:	119550

Name:	Tim (5).jpg
Views:	130
Size:	284.5 KB
ID:	119546

Name:	Tim (3).jpg
Views:	108
Size:	321.7 KB
ID:	119547

Name:	Tim (2).jpg
Views:	113
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	119548

Name:	Tim (6).jpg
Views:	91
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	119545

Name:	Tim (1).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	273.2 KB
ID:	119549

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied
    ouch! That`s rough!

Now get to work and finish that sub! There demand for a BMP
    George

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    Check this out. Left my T-55 parked in a LA hood for 10 minutes and look what these punks did to it. Now I have to call my Geico agent.

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied
    Hey Tim if we give them our Molson`s with the alcohol content in our beer, they will be too wasted to make any problems, unlike that recycled horse p__s in the states, it`s like adult cool aid, how much of that do you need to drink before you feel it?Two or three 24`s???

Ya that is what we need to drive here on the streets with the idiots on the road BUT I would rather take a Bradley as my first choice.

George

Leave a comment:

• 598602G
    replied
    George drive this on your Ontario streets eh?

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Dynamite!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...