Oscar Continued

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Who says the ADF will not work with the Sombra receivers, Mark? I got eight SD's that say otherwise. Five of them put on a flawless ten-hour show over the weekend.

David

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Not to be outdone, the Oscar will also get the Sombra treatment. Since the Caswell/Mcleod ADF will not work with the Sombra, I also bought a ADF2 Pitch controller that will work with it.

Leave a comment:

replied
    likely a transducer -- I would put my money on it being a BQC type, underwater-telephone. It's proximity to the marker-buoy is my clue here. But, as usual, I could be wrong.

David

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    On the far side of the red and white marker buoy you can see that little doodad that I was talking about. It has been suggested that its an armored light with a wire cage protecting it. Im going to make one of those. Although this picture is not of an Oscar, I believe that the doodad is the same. Any Thoughts?Click image for larger version

Name:	_,%20%20_4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	66863

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Cool! This is not the end of the story. While most of the work is done Ill add to this thread with new pictures and video and modifications as they come along.

Leave a comment:

• bassplayer1
    replied
    Great job, great photos, great videos!!! Love it!!!

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Thank You Sir.

Leave a comment:

replied
    And congratulations at the fine job you did on Vlad's kit. Took some time, but you just kept at it, pal. you're one of the 'good one's' in this game.

David,

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Subculture, I hope to get into it a little more and get rid of the date. Thanks Al, its supposed to be neutrally buoyant. I didn't notice anything different.
    Dave, It drives great. Turning radius could be improved though. Last time I had it out I could bring her to periscope depth with the stern planes and then just go one detent up or down on the bow planes to make fine adjustments. I'm happy with that. Next time out I'm going to slowly increase speed and find out what happens to maintaining periscope depth at various speeds INCLUDING ALL AHEAD FLANK!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Yeah, that was indeed high quality video. And a good job running that boat too by the looks of it. How easy/hard is that OSCAR to drive, Mark?

David,

Leave a comment:

• Anuci
    replied
    Very nice picture quality, Maybe next time we visit Big Lake, you can take it along. Did it require much ballast adjustment if any to the boat, probably not. Good job! Mark. :pop

Leave a comment:

• Subculture
    replied
    Certainly looks like a wider FOV than the Oregon ATC cams. Shame about the date and time logo, is there any way to turn that off? The 808 cams I use have date and time too, but you can turn it off with a firmware patch.

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    And the afformentioned videos:

Leave a comment:

Working...