Oscar Continued

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenman407
    replied
    MY GOD..................WILL HE EVER SHUT UP!!!??? As youll remember, a couple of years ago I purchased some submersible 12 volt pond pumps. Today I drug them out, put them in a bucket of water to do a final test before installing them in the Oscar. Upon final review I found there water output to be not as much as I had remembered them to be. So I found some updated ones with more output. They are on the way.http://www.ebay.com/itm/182223539000...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Oh and that doesnt include the large Caswell BEC. LORD lord..........what have I wrought???!!! Here is a picture of the wiring diagram. Keep in mind this shows one channel operating two thrusters. Ill need to double it for four working thrusters operated by two channels using the rotating control knobs on my new radio. Click image for larger version

Name:	2019.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	116057

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    So........I guess what we will do is to start from one end and work toward the other end. Ill probably review the available space, find the best spot for the Sombra....and go from there. So you say, where is the ADF2? I know you dont remember but the Oscar and the Seaview share the same battery WTC with integrally mounted APC.

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    So here is what has got to go back in there. Two micro viper 10s, four ESCs for the thrusters, two electronic switches, two servo reversers and two Pstix, as well as the KMC designs "Throttle Jockey". And thats not to mention the Sombra SL-8.....not pictured. Click image for larger version

Name:	2017.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	116054
    Last edited by greenman407; 09-13-2016, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Here are some pictures of the engine compartment tray before I started pulling it apart. As you can see it is quite a crowded setup. What with the Large Snort pump, which works VERY WELL! Also the huge Polk 8 ch. receiver. And the dually ESC.Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	116049Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	116050Click image for larger version

Name:	006.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	116051Click image for larger version

Name:	008.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	116052
    Last edited by greenman407; 09-13-2016, 03:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    WHATS TAKING SOOOO LONG GETTING THIS THREAD MOVING AGAIN??? TOO many irons in the fire I guess. Today I pulled her off the TOP shelf and wiped the dust off her. I unceremoniously removed the 3.5" Extra long Subdriver and put the model back up top out of the way for now. There is plenty of work to be done on the Subdriver. Originally I had planned to reuse the dual speed control but I changed my mind. Much less space will be taken up by the two micro Viper 10 marine ESCs. Plus the Vipers are updated compared to my old dually. Probably less interference as well. Ive had ESCs in the past that gave out so much interference that you couldnt get more than 20 feet away from it before you would lose contact.
    Also, I think Im going to leave the standard size servos in place for now. As I move along, they can always be replaced by smaller ones should I need more space.

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    This "Tarot" radio tray is Awesome. Not pictured in the link is some palm rests to go with it as well as a shoulder strap piece that holds the tray not from the center as is with all our radios but from the sides to give it a more rock solid feel. Feels real good wearing it.
    Also....with my new Ebay purchased 8 ch. stick radio, I wont need two radios to control this thing anymore. I can do it from this one radio. Its all in the works.

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Just a mini update. Since my plan is to have four working thrusters in addition to the five other channels that I need for operation.........I will need two radios to control it. I have been Eyeing this radio tray that I will modify to hold two radios. That way all the controls will be at my finger tips.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tarot-Transm...9:g:5CQAAOSwt7

Leave a comment:

• KevinMc
    replied
    That's the idea - TJ gives you the control and independence of individual throttle controls, but takes care of the "management" of two ESCs so driving it from the transmitter is easy.

Leave a comment:

• Albion
    replied
    are you running two ESC's with that?

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Take a look at this. From the work shops of Kevin Mcleod comes this Throttle Jockey. If you have two props with differential steering, this little jewel mixes the rudders and the props. I was doing that manually, but this adds a whole new dimension to steering your boat. It looks like a ADF-2. I think Ill get one for the Seaview as well. Another good thing is that if you are running out of channels on your receiver, this thing will free up a channel for you if you were using one for port and one for starboard. It puts both on one channel. Pretty Cool ifin ya ask me.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	98756

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Go get 'em Mark. You're a good hand -- who ever secures your services will do well for themselves.

M

Leave a comment:

• reddevil
    replied
    Good luck and all the best for this new period.

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Well, I have everything for this thruster project. I just have to get it back on the schedule. I picked up another job. I decided to expand on my Resume' and enter a new field(sortof). Im training to be a Nuclear Density Test Technician. I have to be certified by Florida DOT. So, Im going to classes and taking tests to gain the certifications. Then Im going to start radiographing welds at various projects, as a welding inspector. That will be a few classes and certifications there as well. Using my 31 yrs of welding experience got me the job. At any rate, Ill have to slow down a little bit on these sub and boat projects. However...........the fire is still burning.

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Actually, thats a Tamiya RC car kit. I built that kit, way back in 1994, I believe. I took out the stock motor and put in a screemer. A 14 turn quad. I power it with a 6 cell NIMH. Its too fast already, no need to go further with a LIPO. Back then , all that was available were 1500 mah battery packs. Then in 1997, I saw my first 2000 mah battery. I thought WOW! Anyway as battery capacity grew so did run times. I bought a 5000 Mah NIMH 3 or 4 years ago and was disappointed with its performance. I think 5000 mah , perhaps was stretching the technology.
    Last edited by greenman407; 05-07-2014, 09:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...