Oscar Continued

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenman407
    replied
    In this series of pictures you can see the finished application of window frames and decaling of the sail. A little bit more touch up and Ill be ready for the application of the clear and instalation of the masts. Then its re-assemble time and back to the water to check trim before the plunge.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 227.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	64635Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 228.jpg
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	64636Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 229.jpg
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	64637Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 230.jpg
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	64638

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Working to get the sail window frames glued in and touched up. What a pain in the .....................blankety blank

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    OMG!!! I just found this Youtube video! If you watch just one submarine video this year it MUST be this one! Underwater divers video of the Kursk during salvage makes up part of it. Take a look............

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Ive posted this video a while back but I just reviewed it again and to my surprise.................ITS THE KURSK! Its actual running video of the Kursk for the first minute or so. It surfaces and then runs past the shore camera thats filming it and then turns to the right and then thats it. Then the video goes into other Oscars. Very Very Good. If you dont believe me look at the crest on the side of the sail in the middle. You cant see the one on the front of the sail.

Leave a comment:

• Slats
    replied
    Originally posted by greenman407
    , and that thin white line indicating the waterline is too much of a pain for me to attempt. ..
    Its actually very easy.
    mark up just above and below the surfaced WL with some low tack tape and cover the boat up. Mix up some cream coloured paint. Airbrush it. For best effects of weathered look rather than solid - airbrush from a distance and vary that distance.

Easy - about 20 minutes work tops.
    J

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Yes Kevin, If I had seen this picture then I would have moved mine up but his drawing shows it lower. I would imagine that the red is simply a painted rectangle like I did on mine. However , after blowing the picture up I dont see any gold in it. Slats, after looking at the picture I see what you are talking about but I think that its an optical illusion.

Leave a comment:

• Slats
    replied
    Originally posted by greenman407
    Here is a picture of one of the Oscars with its coat of arms applied, its a little smaller and mounted a little lower than the one on the Kursk..[ATTACH=CONFIG]10007[/ATTACH]
    I am wondering why shown in this photo in the extreme right of the photo (port side of the boat) there seems to be a gap in the hull? Looks like part of the outer hull at that point has been cut open or is this an optical illusion?
    Thanks

J

Leave a comment:

• KevinMc
    replied
    Looks to me as though Vladimir's put his crest on too low, and by the photo I've got it ought to be gold not white. (But the black paint inside the crest appears correct though.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	6_949_141i01.jpg
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	64596

Someday I'll get my OSCAR far enough along to warrant putting these details on... I'm also curious to know how he got the red and gold on the crest that goes on the front of the sail.

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    This is a shot from Scaleships. Note how they blacked out the roundell where the front crest on the bow goes. I dont know if that is scale or what , the drawings dont indicate. Its too late anyway, and that thin white line indicating the waterline is too much of a pain for me to attempt. Ive got bigger fish to fry..Click image for larger version

Name:	Flash drive 2 207.jpg
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	64595
    Last edited by greenman407; 10-03-2011, 09:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Slats
    replied
    Shame they stuck it that low down - only see it in drydock views.
    I guess however if you could readily see it in surfaced running, it being individual art, would be like taking out an ad for Nato as to the exact boat. A nice detail nonetheless.
    J

Leave a comment:

• Slats
    replied
    Shame they stuck it that low down - only see it in drydock views.
    I guess however if you could readily see it in surfaced running, it being individual art, would be like taking out an ad for Nato as to the exact boat. A nice detail nonetheless.
    J

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Here is a picture of one of the Oscars with its coat of arms applied, its a little smaller and mounted a little lower than the one on the Kursk..Click image for larger version

Name:	Oscar_03.jpg
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	64567
    Last edited by greenman407; 09-30-2011, 09:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Talked to the body shop today and he definitely doesn't want to have anything to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Ok Dave, Ill make those sugestions to him and see what he says. Seems like sound reasoning. Or I could drive it up to Virginia to the Wizards house and let him do it. Your kind of slack these days arn't you Dave? HA HA

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Mark,

(finally learned how to spell your first name)

I applaud the re-finishing guy's caution here. We don't want to take up his time unnecessarily but .... suggest to him putting down mist coats first to build a barrier between the very wet final coat and the Krylon and dry-transfers. Also, we want him to use the touch-up gun for this work, not the big gun used for most collision work.

Here's a thought: put your Krylon's down on a hull you don't care about. And put some of Vlad's unused dry-transfers on it too -- we want a complete compatibility test. Take it to the collision guys and have them shoot a wet flattened clear-coat on that and see what happens.

David,

Leave a comment:

Working...