Oscar Continued

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenman407
    replied
    Ok, well, as promised we got out on Saturday and the weather was excellent. The camera shoots video in HD. However I am very disapointed. Playback on the camera shows fantastic clear video. When I upload to Youtube, its fuzzy. Perhaps I have to upgrade my account to get better quality replays. At anyrate here is the first one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXfYSasEDBA And of much better quality, here is the same video uploaded at VIMEO. Because its HD it takes longer to buffer, so be patient please, its worth the wait.https://vimeo.com/90258630
    Last edited by greenman407; 03-27-2014, 06:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crazygary
    replied
    Cool!!

Y'all have ya a "big" time now, ya hear!!

Looking forward to your videos!!

CG

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Guess what?............................................. ................................My brother is in town.............................................. .................................................. .Oh!.......brain fade. He came all the way from Maine. While hes here he has agreed to do some filming and photography for me so that you dont have to suffer thru anymore of my driving and trying to film at the very same time.In the past, I wouldnt even bother to try to take video. With my new camera, its supposed to take video in H.D. I hope to have some never before seen footage of my Oscar plying the Clearwater Submarine Pond. While hes at it we will try to get some decent video of the Scamper at All Ahead Emergency, plus just a smidgen.
    Last edited by greenman407; 03-14-2014, 07:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Got my pumps today. These people are great! I order three(3), and they send me Four(4). Now Ill have one extra, just in case.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 617.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	90493

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Ill need a way to wire these gizmos up. I got this 8-pin waterproff plug assm. on the way. That way I can remove the Subdriver from the boat without all this other mess tagging along with it. Still awaiting for the other three pumps to arrive.http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007VBSUKS/..._26725410_item
    Last edited by greenman407; 03-14-2014, 06:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crazygary
    replied
    Geez!!
    What's up with the fricken asterisks?????????????

Rephrasing: If we can think it,.....!

Leave a comment:

• crazygary
    replied
    Good find, Greenman407!

I*** we can think it, we can git 'er done!!

Nice!!!

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    I dont know whats wrong with the pictures but they dont display unless you click on them. At any rate there is plenty of room to put the pumps in between the Subdriver and the inside hull wall.Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 507.jpg
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	90287Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 505.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	90288Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 502.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	90289

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Thanks Gary. Here we are with the pump. A trip to Lowes yielded good results on the plumbing of this thing. I was going to buy a bunch of brass round tube that slides nicely within each other and make a reducer. It was going to cost $32 to go that route. IM NOT MADE OF MONEY............ya know. Lowes had the answer with this 3/8" nylon hose. Ill silicone it inside the pump exhaust nozzle. Its a good fit over the 9/32" Brass tube that ill use as an exit nozzle jet. Im going to set nozzles on all four corners, and use one pump at each corner. On each corner Im going to install two nozzles, one at 90 degrees and one at 35 degrees angling away from the center of the boat. I will explore the various nozzles and If the force is too high ,Ill put a resister inline electrically.Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 515.jpg
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	90283Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 514.jpg
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	90284Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 512.jpg
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	90285Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 510.jpg
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	90286
    Last edited by greenman407; 03-05-2014, 08:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crazygary
    replied
    Wow!!

Pretty sweet results there, greenman407!

Hope your latest find works well for you!!!

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Well, I was hoping for more thrust but, I guess that its enough to try it. In the bathtub,as you can see, it sends out a stream of water 2 to 3 ft. long. I reduced the output tube size to a little less than 1/4" to achieve this. Ill do that again so that I can use 9/32" brass tube to exit the hull. I just today ordered three more pumps. After they arrive and are tested then Ill order the electronic switches and begin the installation.Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 332.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	90137

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Thanks Bruce. That looks like it would be helpful. Oh Well, Ive already made my investment.
    At any rate I received the test pump today. Ill be testing it tomorrow to see how much "push" it has.

Leave a comment:

• HvyCGN9
    replied
    On the twin throttle subject I run a modified Turnigy 9X Tx on CGN9 with twin throttle sticks (thx Oztruck!!) I can spin the 3m cruiser on the spot, pull perfect docking maneuvers(most of the time!winds permitting...I also get told off for showing off and going to fast....) For a big twin screw Russian (Oscar or Typhoon) I would invest in a FC16/ or F14 set with the twin stick setup (get em while ya can....) I think Rob over in Perth drives his Typhoon with an F14Navy Tx. With the great width between props 'tank' steering should assist enormously...

Click image for larger version

Name:	moded9xD.jpg
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	90017
    My two Surface unit Tx's

Cheers Bruce

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    AMEN...........................god help me

Leave a comment:

• KevinMc
    replied
    Originally posted by reddevil
    Modern supply ships and tugs do have them, operated through a computer, and all you have to do is move a joystick to move the ship exactly corresponding how you moved the joystick (incluiding turns). This gives you total and easier control.
    And there in lies the problem - I can say from personal experience that I found managing two throttles and the rudder was detracting from my enjoyment of running, I can't imagine adding a couple of side thrusters to the mix. Of course I recognize that everyone gets their jollies from a different aspect of the hobby so what was driving me nuts may be exactly what Mark is looking for and I look forward to hearing the results of his experiments.

Leave a comment:

Working...