Tool time.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Are there any 'devices' (angle-keeper, fail-safe, depth-keeper, servo reverser, etc.) between the servo lead and receiver?

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Davidh
      Captain
      • Nov 2010

Hi David,

No nothing. The pinch valve servo runs straight to the receiver. It is cramped inside the ZB cylinder and there's cables everywhere. I put a small toroid around the servo leads I don't know if this is helping. I am considering replacing the servo with a digital one..

thanks

David H

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Davidh
        Hi David,

No nothing. The pinch valve servo runs straight to the receiver. It is cramped inside the ZB cylinder and there's cables everywhere. I put a small toroid around the servo leads I don't know if this is helping. I am considering replacing the servo with a digital one..

thanks

David H
        Someone already suggested that your receiver is maybe sending out-of-place fail-safe commands. Get the documentation on that receiver and see if you can turn off any fail-safe features it may have. Or, replace the receiver and see what happens.

A full 90-degree 'glitch' ain't a glitch -- something is commanding that. I think your receiver has gone evil on you, pal.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• george
          Captain
          • Dec 2010

Is there a brand name 75mhz FM receiver better / more reliable than others? From your Wast Experience HWSNBN ?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by george
            Is there a brand name 75mhz FM receiver better / more reliable than others? From your Wast Experience HWSNBN ?
            Futaba, Sombra, WFly Polk's are preferred.

Click image for larger version

Name:	095.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	159754Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3634.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	159755

I've had so-so success with these. A recent use of one of these was glitchy.

Name:	IMG_0841.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	159756

Carona is another favorite, because of the synthetic crystal.

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• george
              Captain
              • Dec 2010

Those I guess can still be found in the 75Mhz FM range OR do they have to be converted by a service department?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Those I guess can still be found in the 75Mhz FM range OR do they have to be converted by a service department?
                Only through after-market sources (rummage sales, estate sales, eBay, swap-meets, club contacts, etc.).
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Sam Victory
                  Commander
                  • Sep 2021

Corona receivers and Henge receivers are also great, with good interference immunity (dual conversion) . The most important thing is that they do not need crystals and can automatically search the frequency from the transmitter (for example, a 40mhz receiver can automatically match 40.67mhz or 40.35mhz or 40.78mhz etc.) The Henge receiver is very compatible and can match JR, WFLY, Futaba transmitters. Of course, both receivers can be set the “Failsafe” device.

V

Click image for larger version  Name:	coronarp8d140mhz8chreceiver01-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	24.0 KB ID:	159791Click image for larger version  Name:	2008930185939552.jpg Views:	0 Size:	9.9 KB ID:	159790
                  Last edited by Sam Victory; 03-08-2022, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• george
                    Captain
                    • Dec 2010

The Corona synthesized receivers will work with Futaba 75Mhz FM Dual Conversion TX crystals?

Comment

• Sam Victory
                      Commander
                      • Sep 2021

The Corona synthesized receivers will work with Futaba 75Mhz FM Dual Conversion TX crystals?
                      According to this pic, it seems OK.

V

Name:	4fae0aff254a23366f4961ccc3a1fcc.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	159836

Comment

• george
                        Captain
                        • Dec 2010

Thanks Sam Victory, Now ALL I have to do is find one or two. ebay search has been activated, is there an exact corona synthesized model number to look for?

I also wanted to ask anyone about the two corona receivers above, I googled both numbers and both ONLY list freq, upto 72mhz. How are they able to work where 75mhz is the legal freq. for surface and water use?
                        Last edited by george; 03-11-2022, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• Sam Victory
                          Commander
                          • Sep 2021

Well, I do know that 75mhz is the only legel freq in Northern America. 72 mhz works well for rc submarines , but it seems unlawful if you use 72mhz for surface running as 72mhz is used for the aircrafts. Henge "RP82L" 8CH receiver is the crystal-free type , working pretty well for the rc models. You should notice that there are just a few stocks there.

Henge receiver - Buy Henge receiver with free shipping on AliExpress

V
                          Last edited by Sam Victory; 03-11-2022, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• vital.spark
                            Commander
                            • May 2010

I just ordered 2 CORONA RP81D 72mhz receivers for Ali. Just click on Sam's Henge receiver - Buy Henge receiver with free shipping on AliExpress and go to CORONA. They have over 40 left in stock and also have 40mhz available. I have used these in 3 of my Subs and they work like a champ! They are duel conversion and fully synthesized. 72mhz is legal here in Hong Kong and also New Zealand where I also operate.,

Comment

• Sam Victory
                              Commander
                              • Sep 2021

Originally posted by vital.spark
                              I just ordered 2 CORONA RP81D 72mhz receivers for Ali. Just click on Sam's Henge receiver - Buy Henge receiver with free shipping on AliExpress and go to CORONA. They have over 40 left in stock and also have 40mhz available. I have used these in 3 of my Subs and they work like a champ! They are duel conversion and fully synthesized. 72mhz is legal here in Hong Kong and also New Zealand where I also operate.,
                              Bingo!

V

CORONA RP8D1 40Mhz 72MHz 8CH dual conversion synthesized receiver for 41M 72M FUTABA ESKY JR Wlfy Transmitter(NOT need crystal)|Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress

Name:	捕获.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	159862

Comment

• redboat219
                                Admiral
                                • Dec 2008

Would the Henge Rx work with an old JR propo Max 6 radio? Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l400.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	159871
                                Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

Working...