Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and expectations

Hello, and welcome to the forums at the Nautilus Drydocks, formerly Sub-driver.com!

We welcome anyone with a passion for submarines and a desire to learn and share knowledge about this fascinating hobby. Use of these forums indicates your intention to abide by our code of conduct:


1. No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites will be deleted immediately.

2. Please post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.

3. Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after or without a warning.

4. No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior is grounds for deletion from the forums.

5. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted.

6. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
See more
See less

Tool time.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are there any 'devices' (angle-keeper, fail-safe, depth-keeper, servo reverser, etc.) between the servo lead and receiver?

    David
    Resident Luddite

    Comment


    • Hi David,

      No nothing. The pinch valve servo runs straight to the receiver. It is cramped inside the ZB cylinder and there's cables everywhere. I put a small toroid around the servo leads I don't know if this is helping. I am considering replacing the servo with a digital one..

      thanks

      David H

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Davidh View Post
        Hi David,

        No nothing. The pinch valve servo runs straight to the receiver. It is cramped inside the ZB cylinder and there's cables everywhere. I put a small toroid around the servo leads I don't know if this is helping. I am considering replacing the servo with a digital one..

        thanks

        David H
        Someone already suggested that your receiver is maybe sending out-of-place fail-safe commands. Get the documentation on that receiver and see if you can turn off any fail-safe features it may have. Or, replace the receiver and see what happens.

        A full 90-degree 'glitch' ain't a glitch -- something is commanding that. I think your receiver has gone evil on you, pal.

        David
        Resident Luddite

        Comment


        • Is there a brand name 75mhz FM receiver better / more reliable than others? From your Wast Experience HWSNBN ?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by george View Post
            Is there a brand name 75mhz FM receiver better / more reliable than others? From your Wast Experience HWSNBN ?
            Futaba, Sombra, WFly Polk's are preferred.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	095.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	159754Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3634.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	159755

            I've had so-so success with these. A recent use of one of these was glitchy.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0841.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	159756

            Carona is another favorite, because of the synthetic crystal.

            David
            Resident Luddite

            Comment


            • Those I guess can still be found in the 75Mhz FM range OR do they have to be converted by a service department?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by george View Post
                Those I guess can still be found in the 75Mhz FM range OR do they have to be converted by a service department?
                Only through after-market sources (rummage sales, estate sales, eBay, swap-meets, club contacts, etc.).
                Resident Luddite

                Comment


                • Corona receivers and Henge receivers are also great, with good interference immunity (dual conversion) . The most important thing is that they do not need crystals and can automatically search the frequency from the transmitter (for example, a 40mhz receiver can automatically match 40.67mhz or 40.35mhz or 40.78mhz etc.) The Henge receiver is very compatible and can match JR, WFLY, Futaba transmitters. Of course, both receivers can be set the “Failsafe” device.


                  V


                  Click image for larger version  Name:	coronarp8d140mhz8chreceiver01-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	24.0 KB ID:	159791Click image for larger version  Name:	2008930185939552.jpg Views:	0 Size:	9.9 KB ID:	159790
                  Last edited by Sam Victory; 03-08-2022, 07:26 PM.

                  Comment


                  • The Corona synthesized receivers will work with Futaba 75Mhz FM Dual Conversion TX crystals?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by george View Post
                      The Corona synthesized receivers will work with Futaba 75Mhz FM Dual Conversion TX crystals?
                      According to this pic, it seems OK.

                      V


                      Click image for larger version

Name:	4fae0aff254a23366f4961ccc3a1fcc.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	159836

                      Comment


                      • Thanks Sam Victory, Now ALL I have to do is find one or two. ebay search has been activated, is there an exact corona synthesized model number to look for?

                        I also wanted to ask anyone about the two corona receivers above, I googled both numbers and both ONLY list freq, upto 72mhz. How are they able to work where 75mhz is the legal freq. for surface and water use?
                        Last edited by george; 03-11-2022, 12:16 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Well, I do know that 75mhz is the only legel freq in Northern America. 72 mhz works well for rc submarines , but it seems unlawful if you use 72mhz for surface running as 72mhz is used for the aircrafts. Henge "RP82L" 8CH receiver is the crystal-free type , working pretty well for the rc models. You should notice that there are just a few stocks there.

                          Henge receiver - Buy Henge receiver with free shipping on AliExpress

                          V
                          Last edited by Sam Victory; 03-11-2022, 02:48 AM.

                          Comment


                          • I just ordered 2 CORONA RP81D 72mhz receivers for Ali. Just click on Sam's Henge receiver - Buy Henge receiver with free shipping on AliExpress and go to CORONA. They have over 40 left in stock and also have 40mhz available. I have used these in 3 of my Subs and they work like a champ! They are duel conversion and fully synthesized. 72mhz is legal here in Hong Kong and also New Zealand where I also operate.,

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by vital.spark View Post
                              I just ordered 2 CORONA RP81D 72mhz receivers for Ali. Just click on Sam's Henge receiver - Buy Henge receiver with free shipping on AliExpress and go to CORONA. They have over 40 left in stock and also have 40mhz available. I have used these in 3 of my Subs and they work like a champ! They are duel conversion and fully synthesized. 72mhz is legal here in Hong Kong and also New Zealand where I also operate.,
                              Bingo!

                              V

                              CORONA RP8D1 40Mhz 72MHz 8CH dual conversion synthesized receiver for 41M 72M FUTABA ESKY JR Wlfy Transmitter(NOT need crystal)|Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress


                              Click image for larger version

Name:	捕获.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	159862

                              Comment


                              • Would the Henge Rx work with an old JR propo Max 6 radio? Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l400.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	159871
                                Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X