21FT Thompson

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bob Gato
    Captain

    • Feb 2019
    • 895

    #16
    I had to make the navy top from GRP, duplicate the sags and wrinkles and cover it with muslin. Then match paint to period Duck material. Then added simulated lift the dot fasteners.-BG


    .. Click image for larger version  Name:	P5290022.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.3 KB ID:	197802​ Click image for larger version  Name:	P6010026.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.9 KB ID:	197805​ Click image for larger version  Name:	P6010031.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.0 KB ID:	197806​
    ​ Click image for larger version  Name:	P7170036.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.1 KB ID:	197807
    Last edited by Bob Gato; 09-18-2026, 10:07 AM.

    Comment

    • Bob Gato
      Captain

      • Feb 2019
      • 895

      #17
      Click image for larger version  Name:	e1ac336b-fc7f-45ed-bd40-c033912db453.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.8 KB ID:	197809

      Video under way at the pond:
      https://youtu.be/VqiYKkR4MLs?si=mu4LL95Ho0XLIJNy


      I am having so much difficulty placing pictures and losing narrative on the forum so I kinda rushed thru the build-if you would like to see real pictures that you can enlarge and the step by step how to on things that I skipped over quickly go to the build log on RC Groups at:



      Complete Build Log-Start to finish:


      Thanks for tuning in-BG
      Last edited by Bob Gato; 09-19-2026, 04:36 PM.

      Comment

      • Bob Gato
        Captain

        • Feb 2019
        • 895

        #18
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20260928_164524.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.1 KB ID:	197975 I have been experimenting with this guy... And it seems promising! He's been in the water twice behind the fish Pole.. first time it did not work well, after a few changes the second time (added a foil made from construction foam and grp sheet then connected further out on that wing for more lateral stability, at this point he cannot stay inverted or lying down on the water he will always stand up in the ready"to go"position... Ski tips just out of the water and leaning back with the water at the back of his head)- he got up twice behind the fishpole. I lowered his center of gravity and raised his center of float- I'm hoping for the third test to be Sunday. If being towed behind the ugly stick goes well-I'll hook him up to the Thompson.
        Last edited by Bob Gato; Yesterday, 10:51 AM.

        Comment

        • trout
          Admiral

          • Jul 2011
          • 3744

          #19
          Originally posted by Bob Gato
          Click image for larger version Name:	e1ac336b-fc7f-45ed-bd40-c033912db453.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.8 KB ID:	197809

          Video under way at the pond:
          https://youtu.be/VqiYKkR4MLs?si=mu4LL95Ho0XLIJNy


          I am having so much difficulty placing pictures and losing narrative on the forum so I kinda rushed thru the build-if you would like to see real pictures that you can enlarge and the step by step how to on things that I skipped over quickly go to the build log on RC Groups at:



          Complete Build Log-Start to finish:


          Thanks for tuning in-BG
          Excellent photo! There are many reasons I like it, but my first thought is the peaceful mood it conveys! Well done.
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

          Comment

          Working...