Name:	DSCN2611.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	163772Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2616.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	163773
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• redboat219
      Admiral
      • Dec 2008

Click image for larger version  Name:	200 Sovremenny 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.9 KB ID:	163780Click image for larger version  Name:	200 Sovremenny 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.2 KB ID:	163781
      Last edited by redboat219; 08-14-2022, 03:57 AM.

Comment

• redboat219
        Admiral
        • Dec 2008

Last photos shows a pair of 180 motors.

Comment

• GatoGaterDom
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Jul 2022

Wow your Sovremmeny came out nice.

What I did before coming here was remove the old wiring, the old receiver, and added a Flyski receiver with two ESCs. I had proportional control on both throttles before messing something up with the motor. I even managed to connect a servo to the forward 30mm turret. I had kept the stock motors cause at the time they worked.

The vessel has no rudder, but I am not sure if I want to undertake the challenge of adding a rudder, although it would be a good learning experience. Might think about that….

What I am currently doing is replacing the motors.

Comment

• GatoGaterDom
            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
            • Jul 2022

Where do you guys get brass parts for rudder and stuffing boxes, shafts and couplings?

Dedicated RC ones are quite expensive. Where can I simply get the parts and do the work myself? I have angles grinders, saws and drills.

Looking forward to my next project of converting an old Tamiya New Jersey I have lying around.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by GatoGaterDom
              Where do you guys get brass parts for rudder and stuffing boxes, shafts and couplings?

Dedicated RC ones are quite expensive. Where can I simply get the parts and do the work myself? I have angles grinders, saws and drills.

Looking forward to my next project of converting an old Tamiya New Jersey I have lying around.

"... simply get the parts and do the work myself?".

Wow!

Either pay Dumas what they want for finished product. Or spend the big-bucks to properly outfit your man-cave after graduating from the school-of-busted-thumbs-and-stiches.

Pick one!

This ain't a hobby one casually gets into without some kind of meaningful investment (time, money, talent, commitment, wife-appeasement, practice, and getting on speaking terms with your tools).

Machine and Cartridge brass (tube of all shapes, sheet, shim, strip, structural shapes, and round stock of all shapes) available from McMaster-Carr. You handy with drill-press, lathe and mill? If you're serious about 'making your own stuff', then you need the proper tools.

You game?

Click image for larger version  Name:	012 (3).JPG Views:	0 Size:	96.2 KB ID:	163789

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN0028.JPG Views:	0 Size:	97.3 KB ID:	163790

Click image for larger version  Name:	004.JPG Views:	0 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	163791

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2233.JPG Views:	0 Size:	58.3 KB ID:	163792

David
              Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 08-14-2022, 01:02 PM.
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• GatoGaterDom
                Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                • Jul 2022

Got it.

Doing this for the fun of the build, much less the finished product so was curious as to what that process would look like. Clearly out of my current capabilities.

Thanks, Dom.
                Last edited by GatoGaterDom; 08-14-2022, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                  • Aug 2008

I'm here to teach. Not make you feel good about yourselves (that's your job).

David
                  The Horrible
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...