X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Gato
    Captain
    • Feb 2019

Someone We Know And Love?

I grabbed this picture from the "South Shore Dive"... A popular little pub in Sayville
    ​​​​​​

Could it be?
    Last edited by Bob Gato; 07-09-2023, 01:57 PM.
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Their camera must be the same brand used to take pictures of Bigfoot and The Loch Ness Monster coz I don't see anything.
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      Welcome to my underwater realm!
      • Aug 2009

No, no.. this is like the Emperor's New Clothes. Only "special" people can see the pic. It's, uh... Sigourney Weaver playing a banjo.

Comment

• QuarterMaster
        Rear Admiral
        • Sep 2015

All I see is a nude Scarlett Johansson in a cheesecake pose.
        v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
        NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
        USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• wlambing
          Commander
          • Nov 2020

No, Ed, you're just flashing back to that sci-fi scary movie she did! ;)

Comment

• Bob Gato
            Captain
            • Feb 2019

Lol...Obviously I caused a stir. When Red Boats post came in, I figured he just didn't "get the picture". Then I left town from Thursday to Sunday (my son got married in Westhampton Beach) then there was Detox!!. In talking to others they kept asking me what's with the non picture-When I posted the picture on 07/05, My screen looked normal-see screen shot (and the picture is still on my screen's first post)...Freaky!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (846).png
Views:	154
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	172036
            It is the picture my son would text to his fiancé to mean he was hanging out at "the Dive" This picture even made its appearance at the wedding...

Comment

• Bob Gato
              Captain
              • Feb 2019

This is what was supposed to be in your post one...it was and still is in my post one..
              Is it Someone We Know And Love?-BG (lol)

Name:	medium_56022.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	172038

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                • Aug 2008

Lucky girl.
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Bob Gato
                  Captain
                  • Feb 2019

...she probably is just kissing all the frog men she comes across hoping one of them turns into a prince

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Bob Gato
                    ...she probably is just kissing all the frog men she comes across hoping one of them turns into a prince
                    Hey, can happen! Found my girl that way.

Name:	meindivedress.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	172044

David
                    Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 07-09-2023, 04:32 PM.
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
                      Admiral
                      • Dec 2008

Some girls love One-Eyed Monsters.
                      Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Bob Gato
                        Captain
                        • Feb 2019

Yes David, I assumed something like that... I also thought there might be a small outside chance that that picture might have been you or someone you knew

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Bob Gato
                          Yes David, I assumed something like that... I also thought there might be a small outside chance that that picture might have been you or someone you knew
                          Nope. Not me. I was only a second-class hard-hat Diver -- air only, qualified to anything less than two-hundred feet.

The dress in your picture is of a first-class Diver wearing the MK5 Mod1 dress (denoted by the CO2 scrubber on the back of the helmet), qualified for mixed gas and much deeper working depth -- I never wore that dress.

I first met Ellie while serving as a torpedoman/launcher-tech/boat diver aboard the USS DANIEL WEBSTER. Our boat had just arrived at the Grotton Subbase, preparing for our short trip up-river to Electric Boat for yardwork and a Poseidon missile conversion. Ellie was working at EB at the time, and the two of us were introduced through a fellow crew member who knew her from our Pearl Harbor post-patrol rest and training cycles.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF5252.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.1 KB ID:	172059Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1289.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.8 KB ID:	172060Click image for larger version  Name:	PICT0001.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.4 KB ID:	172061

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG0059.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.7 KB ID:	172062

David
                          Luckiest Guy on the Planet
                          Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 07-10-2023, 08:26 AM.
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...