X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nathan
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Jan 2023

EthOS Tips and Tricks

I hope this is the right place to start some conversations around what might be possible in EthOS. Things like novel mixes, uses of logical switches and the like.
  • Nathan
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Jan 2023

I recently experienced my linkage magnet re-engaging as I am removing my cylinder. To help avoid this I figured it'd be smart to actuate the servos as far in as possible to create as much clearance as possible. This could be done with the sticks prior to turning off the cylinder - or I could have the radio do it... I programmed mixes on the channels that move them in for 5 seconds when I push the button on the back of my radio when the throttle is at 0 (stop). Simple and clean. And the 5 second de-activation should prevent accidents if I hit the button at the wrong time.

Here is how to set this up:
    Once your channel mixes and outputs are set up, you'll need to set up a logical switch - this will be used to combine the throttle off and rear switch into a single switch for the mixes (which will be defined next):
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Logical Switch.png Views:	6 Size:	66.6 KB ID:	179809
    Note the 5 second "Delay before inactive" setting. You can use any physical switch or other criteria that makes sense for your model.

And then you add an Offset mix for each surface you want to move. Here is a picture of the final mix, next I'll show you the actual mix:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Mixes.png
Views:	4
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	179914

And here is the detail of the mix:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Retract Mix.png
Views:	4
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	179915
    If you need the servo to move the other way or a different amount then change the offset. The Active Condition is your logical switch.

The mixes will need to be repeated for each channel you want to move.

Once this is set up all you have to do after getting your model out of the water and ready to break down, is to move the throttle to 0, push the button, and power off the cylinder.

I hope this helps!

Nathan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nathan; 05-07-2024, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Working...