Why the Bow Plane theory on the USOS/SSRN SEAVIEW is WRONG.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rick Teskey
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jan 2009

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Rick Teskey
      Lateral sensor array sounds good , maybe eps conduits for the main deflectors so an inverse tacion pulse can be omitted......ooops wrong show.
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• QuarterMaster
        Rear Admiral
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Exactly.

And as to unsolicited advice: I weigh the validity of said advice against the actual accomplishments of the advice giver.

You either have, or you have not. Internet sleuthing does not denote accomplishment.

David
        D'oh!!!!!!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	because-of-situation-awkward-meme.png
Views:	257
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	169663
        v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
        NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
        USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• Das Boot
          Rear Admiral
          • Dec 2019

Dave, you and Ed get a room and shut up.
          Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• Alucard
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Aug 2023

I got the Seaview 38.5 inch Moebius Sub and ordered the RC parts with Bob Martin's help and I would appreciate any help that anyone has on building the sub with lights etc. I checked out online and most stuff is from a long time ago. Basically, i am wondering what light kts to use or to buy the light s Individually and I see 2 decals sets and was wondering which one people like to use. This is my first attempt to build an RC and add lights, so any tips would be most appreciated. I did buy Bob's guide, so i know it will take lot of time and work to do this right and I am hoping to join the RC Sub community, if this works and i enjoy it, I am looking at a few other subs i would like to create. Thank you, Alan

Comment

• SubSteve
              Lieutenant
              • Apr 2022

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Exactly.

And as to unsolicited advice: I weigh the validity of said advice against the actual accomplishments of the advice giver.

You either have, or you have not. Internet sleuthing does not denote accomplishment.

David
              Well damn, there goes my life's work!

Comment

• redboat219
                Admiral
                • Dec 2008

David's latest iteration of the Moebius Seaview without the movable manta ray fins. As he noted in another thread, those deflector vanes inside the nacelle are enough to counter the bow down attitude of the Seaview

Name:	CeXumH.webp
Views:	179
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	173213 Click image for larger version

Name:	pxjL7F.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	173212
                Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• redboat219
                  Admiral
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Alucard
                  I got the Seaview 38.5 inch Moebius Sub and ordered the RC parts with Bob Martin's help and I would appreciate any help that anyone has on building the sub with lights etc. I checked out online and most stuff is from a long time ago. Basically, i am wondering what light kts to use or to buy the light s Individually and I see 2 decals sets and was wondering which one people like to use. This is my first attempt to build an RC and add lights, so any tips would be most appreciated. I did buy Bob's guide, so i know it will take lot of time and work to do this right and I am hoping to join the RC Sub community, if this works and i enjoy it, I am looking at a few other subs i would like to create. Thank you, Alan

Welcome to group.
                  Better to post this in it's own dedicated thread as it's bound to get buried in this.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                    Welcome to my underwater realm!
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Alucard
                    Your fixating on the wrong thing here, my friend. Lights and decals are the least of your worries. Get your cylinder set up and working perfectly. Get your linkages set up and working perfectly. Install the cylinder and get it working perfectly.

Once you get the practical functionality of your boat sorted, worry about making it look pretty.

Bob

Comment

• redboat219
                      Admiral
                      • Dec 2008

Bob are you making the Seaview fittings kit and 2" SD available again or are you pertaining only to the 2.5" SD?

Comment

• Das Boot
                        Rear Admiral
                        • Dec 2019

Just like in any fantasy, anything is possible.
                        Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                          Welcome to my underwater realm!
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by redboat219
                          Bob are you making the Seaview fittings kit and 2" SD available again or are you pertaining only to the 2.5" SD?
                          No plans to even glance at reincarnating that fittings kit. Sorry.

Again, people.. the fittings kits were awesome for making life easy for conversion, BUT they are in no way whatsoever required to convert these kits to RC.

Comment

• redboat219
                            Admiral
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by RCSubGuy

Again, people.. the fittings kits were awesome for making life easy for conversion, BUT they are in no way whatsoever required to convert these kits to RC.
                            Pics are not mine.

Name:	sv.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	173300 Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1688661536481.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	173301 Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1688661486751.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	173302

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by RCSubGuy

Once upon a time. No more. You guys *****ed that the fittings kits cost too much.

What?!... you don't know how to build things? Your school stopped offering shop-class? You don't have the time to use your hands and brain? Guess you're SOL. Bid your time, boy's: Star Trek Replicators are right around the corner -- just imagine your glorious sense of accomplishment and pride once you mash the 'enter' key and your perfect SEAVIEW r/c submarine poops out of the machines back-side. You didn't have to do a damn thing other than make a menu selection.

Brave new world.

Indeed!

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
                                Admiral
                                • Dec 2008

Question:
                                Would the Seaview still handle well with just stern planes, no manta ray planes and fixed sail planes?
                                Last edited by redboat219; 09-04-2023, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Working...