Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Some people are contributors to multiple forums. With my schedule, I only have time for one. I used to post almost exclusively with SC but I jumped ship when the SC turned sour. I dont like curdled milk.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Peter W
      Captain
      • May 2011

Agreed, better atmosphere here. I don't like hobbies with politics.

Comment

• Peter W
        Captain
        • May 2011

Originally posted by greenman407
        Personally, my two cents is, I dont care for RC subs less than the length of say 50". I CAN HEAR IT NOW!! Swearing Smiley Well , why then Mr. Green do you own a 40" Albacore, sir???!!! Well thats only because its FAT and short. It has enough mass and short enough in length to not be affected as much by the forces of the water that make a small sub operate in an un-scale like manner. A small sub is going to bob up and down and all over the place in anything but a dead calm. Thats just my unlettered and ordinary opinion, for what its worth.
        I'm hurt Mark, hurt. 3 of my 4 subs are under 50"..........hurt.Peter.

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

hurt..........oh please. It would take far more than what I said to hurt your feelings. MIND YOUR HELM MISTER!:biggrin:

Comment

• Peter W
            Captain
            • May 2011

Mark, I am only jealous that I haven't got any room for that Oscar II, smaller subs suit me better and as I have said before I do not have a lot of room to store the little ones let alone biggies. However I am hurt that the smiley I added to the post before didn't come up.

All the best,

Peter.:biggrin: wow that is better.

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

Dave probably deleted it, he doesnt like em.

Comment

• Von Hilde
                Rear Admiral
                • Oct 2011

I never actually got over there as a member, altho I had applied once. Dont really know what was up with them. I stumbled on it looking at pictures of models, and tried to communicate to pick some brains on the subject to no avail. Seems nothing had been updated in awhile over there and I kinda gave up. I like this place much better anyway. I have aquired more info on U boats from here more than anywhere else, just by looking at pics and researching the details. I probbably have enuff info on them to write a prity comprehensive book with pictures and illustrations. I just need motivation and a publisher. That would be with a Capital M, on the motivation. Perhaps just a book on U Boats around south florida.

Comment

• greenman407
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

Ive been screwing up big time this morning, putting pictures where they dont belong and going back and deleting. Sorry for the confusion. Mike and Dave have created a Forum that is Big time into Encouraging the Hobby. I have found thru first hand experience that If you hang out here and participate, you will benefit. Sure there are other Forums, but this is a One Stop Forum. You can get everything here. I dont have time to go and search thru all these other Forums. Unless you just like to "Surf".

Comment

• Kazzer
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Von Hilde
                    I never actually got over there as a member, altho I had applied once. Dont really know what was up with them. I stumbled on it looking at pictures of models, and tried to communicate to pick some brains on the subject to no avail. Seems nothing had been updated in awhile over there and I kinda gave up. I like this place much better anyway. I have aquired more info on U boats from here more than anywhere else, just by looking at pics and researching the details. I probbably have enuff info on them to write a prity comprehensive book with pictures and illustrations. I just need motivation and a publisher. That would be with a Capital M, on the motivation. Perhaps just a book on U Boats around south florida.

There are a number of companies about who will print short run books, and HWSNBN knows of them. The real problem is reaching this very niche market, and our web page and forum is probably (I said probably) one of the best places to advertise it.

So, hit that keyboard and do it! But don't expect to make a fortune, remember - niche market!
                    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• greenman407
                      Admiral
                      • Feb 2009

What a ya make of her? An oddball looking attachment on this Whiskey.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Whiskey unknown attachment.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	76082

Comment

• greenman407
                        Admiral
                        • Feb 2009

The handrail on this Whiskey looks semi-permanent, whereas the one on the boat tying off to her looks like one you would see on a boat that goes to sea often.

Comment

• greenman407
                          Admiral
                          • Feb 2009

This modification ive posted before but now I have a few more views. What could it be?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	S384 device.jpg
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	76523Click image for larger version

Name:	S384 whiskey.jpg
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	76524Click image for larger version

Name:	Special bow treatment.jpg
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	76525

Comment

• trout
                            Admiral
                            • Jul 2011

It looks like the deluxe Bar-B-Que and Smoker combo.
                            Seriously no idea, I would guess a new sonar arrangement, but due to my lack of knowledge is worth less than the electrons spent typing this.
                            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                              • Aug 2008

Underwater tow-line tensioner, like on the NR-1?

David
                              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                                Admiral
                                • Jul 2011

Searching for information and seeing if I could learn something new, ran across this missed sale:
                                Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.
                                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

Working...