Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

That's not a Sherman, more like a T34. Those things look like jet engines. Something to blow the oil well fires out?
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• redboat219
      Admiral
      • Dec 2008

Comment

• Von Hilde
        Rear Admiral
        • Oct 2011

Russian T 34 chassies with 2 Tumanski R 25 jets. For blowing back fire from oil wells to cap the hole. Looks like something Red Adair invented, to put out the fires in Kuwait. Hungarian copy. They have a lot of military junk laying around, with no place to go. Cant blow an oil fire out. More air = more fire. Just a big blow torch. Aproach the well from windward, constantlly blowing to keep the main part of the fire away at the source, long enough to slide a caping device over the hole. Then shut the valve. Fire gone! John Wayne style.
        Last edited by Von Hilde; 03-03-2015, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

Russian snow melter and runway De-icer. Two Mig-21 engines.
          IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Albion
            Captain
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Von Hilde
            Russian T 34 chassies with 2 Tumanski R 25 jets. For blowing back fire from oil wells to cap the hole. Looks like something Red Adair invented, to put out the fires in Kuwait. Hungarian copy. They have a lot of military junk laying around, with no place to go. Cant blow an oil fire out. More air = more fire. Just a big blow torch. Aproach the well from windward, constantlly blowing to keep the main part of the fire away at the source, long enough to slide a caping device over the hole. Then shut the valve. Fire gone! John Wayne style.
            Basically no oxygen!!!!
            I was at Silverstone many years ago, when the original Thrust land speed car was shown. It hadnt run at that point and had no bodywork on it, just big engines on wheels. I was helping out with a friends race car, so we were on the infield, where people weren't supposed to be. When they started the engines we got this hot air blowing on us, then realise we cant breathe, theres a big group of us trying to run away whilst choking
            Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Von Hilde
              Rear Admiral
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Albion
              Basically no oxygen!!!!
              I was at Silverstone many years ago, when the original Thrust land speed car was shown. It hadnt run at that point and had no bodywork on it, just big engines on wheels. I was helping out with a friends race car, so we were on the infield, where people weren't supposed to be. When they started the engines we got this hot air blowing on us, then realise we cant breathe, theres a big group of us trying to run away whilst choking
              I spent over 20 years on the flightline at NAS Boca Chica. Just about everymorning we would launch around 20 or so Navy and Marine Fa18s, F 14s and visiting Air Force F15s and 16s as well as our home based Adversary squadrons arcraft. Generally 20 or 24 airplane go. When there all turning at once waiting to taxi out. I know its hot and hard to breath. There is plenty of oxygine, otherwise half the jets wouldnt run. Watch a plane captain launch jets on the carrier, and check out the deck apes, all behind the jets. Nobody loosing their breath, there. Believe me, when I tell you, Im still alive and breathing, and I loved the smell of JP-5 burning. If you dont know who Red Adair was, you might google him and learn how he put out the oil fires in Kuait after the first gulf war. Or watch the old John Wayne movie "Hellfighters" based on Red's early oil fire experiences.Click image for larger version

Name:	f14fuel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	97438Click image for larger version

Name:	FA18BAfuel.jpg
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	97439Click image for larger version

Name:	Cuban mig23 fuel.jpg
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	97440the mig 23 was a Cuban defector, stole the mig and came here. The guy was second in command of their air force. He stayed, we gave Cuba back the jet. Im the guy in the blue jeans next to the fuel pump controls. Theres about 20 years from when the Mig landed in the 80s and my last airshow with the Blues in 2002. The first Blue Angels show I ever saw was in 1955. they Had F9Fs. The first one I ever worked was in 1969, the first peactice with the new F4Bs. They Transitioned from the A4s to F14s at the RAG squadron in Key West, VF-101 "The Grim Reapers" You could say I have had some up close and personal expierance with Jets and lots of em. Ive even rode in several, while I was active duty and several as a military contractor. I even have a couple hours of PIC time in a Citation bizjet when I was working on my Commercial Pilots licence, altho there about as quiet inside as your Grandmas Buick.
              Last edited by Von Hilde; 03-04-2015, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                • Aug 2008

Neat stuff, Dave! You're a true Key's dweller.

M
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• bwi 971
                  Captain
                  • Jan 2015

Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta,.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	98850
                  Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
                  "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• greenman407
                    Admiral
                    • Feb 2009

Ill just step out onto my limb and say its a Oscar. Because of the large diameter mast thats displayed so prominently in the picture.

Comment

• bwi 971
                      Captain
                      • Jan 2015

Could be, the picture wasn't mentioning anything so I really don't know.

I was thinking of something earlier due to the shape of the (I think it's called) a "pert spring"?

The ECHO has the same shape of “pert spring” and as also the “Cod Eye” the large bowl as the OSCAR.

But again could be either one.

Grtz,
                      Bart

Name:	18 (1).JPG
Views:	141
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	107734

Name:	675.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	107735

Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
                      "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• greenman407
                        Admiral
                        • Feb 2009

What do we have here???

Comment

• redboat219
                          Admiral
                          • Dec 2008

Torpedo tube guards😊

Comment

• HardRock
                            Vice Admiral
                            • Mar 2013

Human cannon balls - prior to breech loading. They look happy about it, don't they.

Comment

• SSN SonarTech
                              Lieutenant Commander
                              • Jul 2012

I know that the topside watch has to take hourly draft readings but this seems a little extreme
                              US Submarine Force: Making the Navy worthwhile since 1900

Comment

• Von Hilde
                                Rear Admiral
                                • Oct 2011

Spaz-nutz(SPETSNAZ) simulating tube lock out for recruitment poster. Cant affoard the production of the real deal. Money was getting a tad low up at the Kremlin in those days.Military cut backs all over the world.

Comment

Working...