X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wlambing
    Commander
    • Nov 2020

Nice Video!

Watched the new video and quite enjoyed Chuckles' antics! Need to get those test facility cleaners in shift-work!! ;)
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

It's leaf season here. I just spent 45 minutes cleaning my pool yesterday afternoon, and within a few hours it's completely full again.

We'll need to clean it again tomorrow as we need to get video of those ARENA boats fighting it out and get some final video of Chuckles doing his thing, both above and below the water....

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by RCSubGuy
      It's leaf season here. I just spent 45 minutes cleaning my pool yesterday afternoon, and within a few hours it's completely full again.

We'll need to clean it again tomorrow as we need to get video of those ARENA boats fighting it out and get some final video of Chuckles doing his thing, both above and below the water....
      Discharging the pump-jets through the gill-slits worked out magnificently. I must say, Bob, that your shark work is the most innovative, and most visually appealing work you've done to date.

I hate you!

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• wlambing
        Commander
        • Nov 2020

We had leaf season a while back, and of course the oaks did not cooperate. They're still blowing around everywhere!!!

Comment

• rwtdiver
          Vice Admiral
          • Feb 2019

Bob,

Love both of your shark builds! Is there any chance at all that you might have some STL files out for that shark?? :-))

Click image for larger version  Name:	Nautilus Three.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.6 KB ID:	176529

Just cleaned up our pool, so I thought I would give my 1:77 scale Nautilus a run. My wife did take a quick video of this boat about 2 years ago!

Rob
          "Firemen can stand the heat."
          Last edited by rwtdiver; 12-11-2023, 02:48 AM.

Comment

• Das Boot
            Rear Admiral
            • Dec 2019

Bob, didn’t you have a screened roof for your pool at your previous house in Florida? Maybe it’s time to put one up.
            Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• Subculture
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

You want a leaf-clearing R/C sub.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Das Boot

Bob, didn’t you have a screened roof for your pool at your previous house in Florida? Maybe it’s time to put one up.
                That's one of the first things we said when we moved here. I've never seen a lanai in any houses here in Texas. Not sure if it's a cultural thing or part of city regulations. I'd LOVE a pool cage again...

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by rwtdiver
                  Bob,

Love both of your shark builds! Is there any chance at all that you might have some STL files out for that shark?? :-))

Rob
                  "Firemen can stand the heat."
                  I'm hoping to make this a product for sale. Right now I have no plans to offer the STL files. You'd need a printer capable of at least 300x400x300mm to print in this scale

Comment

• Das Boot
                    Rear Admiral
                    • Dec 2019

I meant to say something about that earlier. That shark is something else. It’s amazing looking.
                    Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• rwtdiver
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Feb 2019

I'm hoping to make this a product for sale. Right now I have no plans to offer the STL files. You'd need a printer capable of at least 300x400x300mm to print in this scale
                      Bob,

I totally understand what you are saying. Geez, that thing would shore be a hit in my pool. Just have to wait and see what you might offer up in the way of a kit for the shark. Personally, I think it would be hit.

Rob
                      Firemen can stand the heat."

Comment

• redboat219
                        Admiral
                        • Dec 2008

How about a giant squid to go with the Seaview or Nautilus
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20231211_231013_Shopee.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.9 KB ID:	176556
                        Last edited by redboat219; 12-11-2023, 07:38 PM.
                        Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• SubSteve
                          Lieutenant
                          • Apr 2022

I really enjoy the weekly updates, seems like you are hitting a stride in the build/re-build market. Everything on that last video was great but what really jumped out at me was the resin printed Seaview interior, that's really excellent work! I assume this is designed to free-flood so backlighting it would be fiber optics?

Comment

• Alucard
                            Lieutenant Commander
                            • Aug 2023

Shark would be cool,

Comment

Working...