• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cgbillb
    Lieutenant Commander
    • May 2018

Type XXI WTC

Good day one and all
    I got my type XXI from Bob today it is a 1/72 scale boat. Here is my question, and I have gone thru most all the pages here with no results.
    1) What WTC should I use? I was thinking Bob's 250 series with dual shafts. With a ballast tank of about 8-10 inches.
    2) What would be the best way to install the WTC, I was thinking something like the Type XXIII found on David pages?
    Thanks for any help
    Bill
    Athens Ga.

• redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

I watched Bob's video about the Type XXI he's selling. The hull is designed to split axially fore and aft. If you want a longitudinal hull separation either you cut the hull using a dremel or modify the file.
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• cgbillb
      Lieutenant Commander
      • May 2018

Thanks
      I am thinking going the L-design like David did in his type XXIII
      Bill
      Athens Ga.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
        Welcome to my underwater realm!
        • Aug 2009

The axial split is best suited for cylinders that have the equipment tray as one large section. With the traditional three-piece cylinders that we use here in the US, access from the top is much better. The XXI is actually very well. Suited to have a simple waterline cut across the entire boat. No need for L or Z cuts.

Comment

• cgbillb
          Lieutenant Commander
          • May 2018

wow thank you, Glad I have not cut the hull yet, Hope all is well up there
          Bill
          Athens Ga.

Comment

Working...