X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

ICTINCO ll Submarine Build

This will be a 3D printed build of the 1867 steam powered Ixtenco submarine!

Click image for larger version  Name:	ICTINCO ll 1.jpg Views:	24 Size:	68.7 KB ID:	166869

This will be a functioning in the water submarine (not steam powered) but with a WTC.

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"

XXXX "SPECIAL NOTE" XXXX I MISS SPELLED THE NAME OF THIS BOAT "ICTINCO" IT SHOULD BE ICTINEO!! "SORRY"
    Last edited by rwtdiver; 12-26-2022, 06:50 PM. Reason: A CORRECTION
  • rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

The files for this build are all STL and in order to up the scale the build I will need to increase the original file size. This model is originally a static model with exposed internal components. There will be some changes made to the original files to fabricate a full size hull to build the RC version. I will be using my Dremel Digilab 40 and using Dremel white PLA for the builds!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ICTINCO ll 2.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	166872

Name:	ICTINCO ll 3.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	166874

My plan is to not only to build an RC version of this boat, but also to build the original cut away model with the internal components. This boat has over 300 parts for the model build itself, but I feel it would complement the RC version which I am also building! I am really looking forward to this challenging sequence of builds.

Rob

Attached Files

Comment

• redboat219
      Admiral
      • Dec 2008

1/10 scale model of the Icteneo II made by a Spanish modeler Pedro Gomez. Unique thing about the boat is the power plant. It uses a model steam engine that used CO2 as the driving gas. Runtime was about 21 minutes per bottle. Drawback is you need to lug around big heavy CO2 bottles.

Last edited by redboat219; 11-15-2022, 08:52 PM.
      Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• redboat219
        Admiral
        • Dec 2008

Comment

• rwtdiver
          Vice Admiral
          • Feb 2019

Thanks Romel,

WOW! Mine sure won't be the caliber of this one! All out of wood, that took some time!

Rob

Comment

• rwtdiver
            Vice Admiral
            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by redboat219
            1/10 scale model of the Icteneo II made by a Spanish modeler Pedro Gomez. Unique thing about the boat is the power plant. It uses a model steam engine that used CO2 as the driving gas. Runtime was about 21 minutes per bottle. Drawback is you need to lug around big heavy CO2 bottles.
            WOW! I have not even started the first hull section, and then to see this! I did build a 3D printed steam engine that functions off of an electric motor that operates a piston system that fills a tank with air that will operate the air drive steam engine. Might use that design. I can see now this is going to get complicated (if I let it)!

Rob
            "firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• DrSchmidt
              Captain
              • Apr 2014

Nice....where did you get the cutwaya kit? Been looking for it for a while and never could find one...

Comment

• redboat219
                Admiral
                • Dec 2008

STL files available here https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-mo...the-ictineo-ii

https://youtu.be/hItRla4Na-g
                Last edited by redboat219; 11-16-2022, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• redboat219
                  Admiral
                  • Dec 2008

Comment

• DrSchmidt
                    Captain
                    • Apr 2014

Ah....printed. There is a commercial wooden one as well. Spanish kit I think. That was the one I've been looking for.

Cheers Andreas

Comment

• rwtdiver
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by DrSchmidt
                      Nice....where did you get the cutwaya kit? Been looking for it for a while and never could find one...
                      Hi Andreas,

The files can be found at CGTrader https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-mo...the-ictineo-ii

It's the one that Romel (redboat219) posted up.

There are over 300 parts to this build if you build the cut-a-way! I am going to be 3D printing the cut-a-way as well to go along with the RC build. I know you have a resin printer so it will be a much better quality on the internal parts. Good luck if you decide to build it, and I know the quality workmanship that you do will make it a fantastic model!!

Rob

Comment

• DrSchmidt
                        Captain
                        • Apr 2014

That is the kit I was talking about.....by a company named Anfora Models:

Comment

• rwtdiver
                          Vice Admiral
                          • Feb 2019

Making some progress on the ICTINEO ll 3D printed hull!

Name:	ICTINEO ll 4.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	166926

The files are somewhat confusing due to the amount of STL files (300 plus) so a certain amount of digging and organizing is a part of the process!

Rob

Comment

• redboat219
                            Admiral
                            • Dec 2008

That was fast. How long will your finished hull be? If I remember correctly the original model is in 1/33 scale.

Comment

• rwtdiver
                              Vice Admiral
                              • Feb 2019

Originally posted by redboat219
                              That was fast. How long will your finished hull be? If I remember correctly the original model is in 1/33 scale.
                              Hi Romel,

There is a total of 5 one half hull sections plus the rudder parts and the bow cap! The total length of my build will be 34" The STL files at 100% are for a 20" to 23' build! I expanded my build to 168% to get the model to 34" and 168% is as big a build as I could go with my Dremel. So, I will be printing a total of 10 halve sections to build a complete hull at 34" I am not sure what a 34" OCTINEO ll scale would be.

I have 3 more hull sections to print out. 3 more which is 6 more one half sections to do...

Rob
                              "Firemen can stand the build"
                              Last edited by rwtdiver; 11-18-2022, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Working...